1 outright & 1 parley...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ScreaminPain

1/2 cocked
Forum Member
Nov 10, 2004
Southern California
NEW YORK A: D RASNER AT BALTIMORE: G OLSON (10:35 pm PT)Today is a rematch of the game played at Yankee stadium on May 21st. Same pitchers and probably a similar outcome. Rasner gave up 5 hits and a walk in shutting out the Orioles in that game as ?125 favorites. Now a week has passed and Vegas upped the ante, as they installed the Yankees as ?135 favorites ON THE ROAD! Who cares? Baltimore is going bad right now. They just got swept in Tampa Bay and ran their losing streak to 5, scoring a measly 9 runs in the last 5 games. On the other hand the Yanks? are ?en fuego?, as they have won 5 in a row and scored 41 runs in the last 5 games. Jeter was spouting off yesterday that they have ?turned the corner?, blah, blah, blah. He is right about one thing. These are two teams playing at opposite ends of the spectrum right now. I know laying chalk on the road is mostly a recipe for disaster, but I?ve got to try the Yanks today at what I feel is a fair price considering the current attitudes and lineups. Yankees ?135 for a unit (wsex)

MILWAUKEE: B SHEETS AT WASHINGTON: J BERGMANN (10:35 pm PT)
LOS ANGELES N: BILLINGSLEY AT CHICAGO N: R DEMPSTER (11:20 pm PT)

Parlay time. I like Milwaukee to bounce back from yesterdays improbable loss to bring the wrath to the Nationals. Yesterday, the Brewers pounded out 12 hits, scored 6 runs and lost because of a wild pitch in the bottom of the 9th?OUCH! I have Ben Sheets rated 7th on my MLB pitching logs, Bergmann 77th. Sheets has an impressive 2.52 ERA in 6 away games with 9.38 WHPG, and he faces the weakest offensive team in Baseball?..enough said.
The other half of this wager rwill be Chicago Cubs. The Dodgers played yesterday on the West Coast, played extra innings, then traveled across the country for an early game today (11:30 ?body time?). That in itself is not enough for a play, but they face Ryan Dempster, who Sagarrin has rated as the #2 pitcher in baseball (behind Webb) with a NPERA 1.99?.YIKES!! Dodger reliever Saito worked 2 innings yesterday, throwing 36 pitches, so I doubt his availability today if it comes down to it. Cubs are at home, coming off back to back loses??time to right the ship for them.
MILWAUKEE/CHICAGO Parley 1 to win 2.16 (betjam)

Last edited: