1 Play Tonight

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
good luck Horns, have a good weekend, will try to put up some info for the weekend as well--just keep up the hard work..

ND2002HORNS

Forum Member
wigs,

Thanks. Your info is great for all of us. I am leaning to taking CHI but I hate playing a total and a side on the same game. Leaning to the under tomorrow night with OTT/TB. Just heard Martin on the coaches show on the radio and he said they are going to focus on their defensive side of the game tomorrow night. It will be the Sens 4th game in 6 nights.

GL Tonight!

HORNS

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Seems like if they got some consistent goal tending they would be fine.
@Nashville 4 goals on 21 shots
@Dallas 3 goals on 23 shots
@Colorado 4 goals on 25 shots 12/1/2001 @St. Louis 4 goals on 23 shots
Atlanta 6 goals on 23 shots.

All losses except the Dallas game. You would think if you can limit the other team to around 20-25 shots you would have a pretty good chance of winning.

ND2002HORNS

Forum Member
SJ,

I definitely agree. They had that 11 game unbeaten stretch when the goaltending was a little more consistent but lately their goaltending has been very inconsistent. They tighten up a little bit at home unlike their road games. 10 of their 13 road games have gone over with one push which is extraordinary. This team use to give up less shots on goal. But like I have said before, all NHL coaches concern themselves with scoring chances rather than the shots on goal. When listening to a coach on a pregame show he will make mention if their team outchanced the other team their last game out rather than mention the shots on goal theory. Yes it helps to outshoot your opponent but their are some rinks in the NHL that have the worst off ice officials doing the shot clock. Some of these guys award shots that are not shots on goal. This happens more and more.

GL tonight!

HORNS

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Very good points and observations, Horns. That is one thing I have never been very clear on and have been curious about. What exactly constitutes a scoring chance? I have never heard a true definition or explanation on what is a chance and what is not. Good luck tonight.

Bet on MyBookie