10/17 NHL Plays

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I have another go at the 2/2/1 side/total/parlay angle tonight. Katts will certainly appreciate that I paired up the fave with the over here.

And on a side note, what's up with Grand Central not allowing puckline/total parlays? I like GCS alot so I am not going to dump them, but does anyone have a list of good books that do accept puckline/total parlays? I played this one at SIA.

Boston -0.5 +125 over ANAHEIM 200/250

Boston vs. ANAHEIM over 5 -120 240/200

Boston -0.5 / over 5 parlay 100/294

I had Boston as my lone play today but with Graham starting in net, I will try a 2/2/1 side/total/parlay play. Boston is simply the far superior team. They badly outplayed Anaheim in their earlier meeting. They should be way up for this game after three winless games that they easily could or should have won. Boston plays an up tempo style and after the loss to the Lightning, I expect the Ducks to open things up tonight as well. Giguire still may not be 100% so that is another factor favoring an over here.

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
I personally understand the decision taken by many books to no longer accept puck line / total parlays involving a -1.5 or +1.5 spread, even though if I was running a book I'd accept to "play the game fair" and would accept them as well - I'd just try to adjust the total and / or the puck line to get the best of it (like offer 6.0u40 instead of 5.5o20) and would probably set lower limits, but as for the +0.5 or -0.5 there is no excuse, as long as the total isn't below 5.0, which only happens once in a blue moon anyway... However I have too much respect for GCS to start calling them names, so I'll stop here.

Most of the books I use accept this kind of bet. WSEX, Wagerstreet, Gold Medal Sports, 5Dimes (with some restrictions), Intertops, BetQuick..

Good luck tonight Nick and nice write-up as usual.

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Thanks for the help, katts.

Quick question for all of you. Do you find the way I list my plays confusing at all? I mean, I use the word "over" when talking about which side I am using and it was brought to my attention that this could be confusing.

The reason I use "over" instead of "vs." is that the word "over" clearly denotes which side I am on. Since I always list the home team in caps, I just want to make it as clear as possible which team I am playing. If you guys find that confusing at all, I would consider changing the way I list plays more to something like this:

Boston -0.5 +125 vs. ANAHEIM 200/250

instead of this:

Let me know which one you guys like better. Thanks.

Dr Feelgood

StonedPimp
Forum Member
Feb 3, 2001
Las Vegas
either way is fine with me....whichever is easiest for you I guess...I don't think either way is confusing aat all....

Thanks for all the info Nick. Continued success.

--DF

thisisbad

Call me TIB
Forum Member
Jun 14, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
Just speaking as a lurker and someone who regularly checks your stuff, the way you post has been fine with me, i understand it completely. I think it helps that you post the line you are getting on Boston also, so i am completely sure what side you are on.

Honestly, i had more troubel figuring out what a 2/2/1 parlay was....and when i did i felt like an idiot
smile.gif

Anyway, hope that helps and thanks for posting.

------------------
Who is this Jack guy, and why is he so mad?

katts

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2000
Quebec PQ, Canada
I don't have any problem with the way you post your picks, but I do understand that the "over" thing might be confusing to some when they're in a hurry. A good way to eliminate some of the confusion would be to use CAPS whenever you want to designate a TOTAL bet:

Boston vs. ANAHEIM OVER 5 -120 240/200

Boston -0.5 / OVER 5 parlay 100/294

BTW... 41 shots for Boston.. I think you were on the right side. Just some bad luck.

infinii

Forum Member
Mar 30, 2001
Toronto, Canada
Boston -0.5 +125 vs. ANAHEIM 200/250

i definitely like this format better. using over (regardless of upper/lower case) is confusing.

good luck tonight

Bet on MyBookie