10/3 NHL Play

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
One that I really like on opening night.

CALGARY -1/2 +130 over Edmonton 300/390

I like the addition of Turek for the Flames. The Flames really had inconsistent goaltending for most of last year and their defense should improve tremendously with a world class guy like Turek in net. Edmonton lost their most reliable scorer in Weight and really failed to make any significant additions. I like the Flames here on home ice against their top rival to open the season strong.

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
I like the under in that game. Both teams lost significant contributors in both goals and points and didn't really add anything to replace them. Even with Bure and Stillman (40+ goals and 100+ goals combined and traded in the last year), the Flames were one of the worst scoring teams in the league. Salo is good and the Flames definitely improved at G as you mention with Turek (they better hope they don't make the playoffs though
smile.gif
). I am taking -5.5 as one of my plays tonight, and probably -6 in COL/PIT too. Not sure if I'll take others or not just yet. Good luck to you.

[This message has been edited by Sports Junkie (edited 10-03-2001).]

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I think the under is a good play but I hate to lay that kind of chalk on a total opening night. If I am not mistaken there were quite a few high scoring games last season at the beginning and I am just going to wait a bit before playing a total with that kind of vig.

Bet on MyBookie