Los Angeles, CA, USA
I think the server is down so here is my page update for today:

11/1/01 Update

2001 MLB Record: 144-165-1, +3541

2001 NFL Record: 28-19, +1540

2001-2002 NHL Record: 11-12, +18

2001-2002 NBA Record: 1-1, -100

Yesterday: 1-0 NHL, +360

A good win last night. One each tonight in the NHL and NBA. I will be doing my NFL writeup tonight.

11/1 MLB Play: PASS on game 5

Arizona +135 over Yankees (series) 300/405 played before game 1

11/1 NHL Plays:

VANCOUVER -1/2 -115 over Montreal 345/300

This is just a huge talent mismatch. If Vancouver shows up and if Cloutier plays well they should win. THe Sedin line is just playing great hockey right now and the Naslund line should have a big edge here as well.

11/1 NBA Plays:

SEATTLE +170 over San Antonio 300/510

Huge mismatch at the guards tonight. I think there is no way Payton will struggle from the field like he did in the opener. San Antonio has some studs inside but the interior defense from Baker and Booth was decent in the first game. San Antonio struggles against athletic teams and the Sonics can move inside and outside.

11/1 NFL Plays: PASS, writeup to come Friday

PAST PERFORMANCE:

Final 2001 NFLX Record: 5-6, -315

Never Caught Up

Forum Member
Apr 17, 2001
Nick,

I attend all Spurs home games and as much as I am a Spurs fan I think Seattle may have a pretty good shot tonight, but not for the same reasons. I think the Spurs can't help but be somewhat looking forward to Portland on Saturday . . . with Steve Smith having a chance to pound his chest a little in front of his former club. Also, Derrick Anderson left a bit of resentment behind in San Antonio. He wanted more money than the Spurs would anti up so he ends up in Portland . . . of all places . . . and word is at less money than even the Spurs were offering. It was kind of a thumb on the nose with fingers waving gesture to his old team. I think the Spurs want to make a statement to Anderson and the Blazers that they got the best of this deal.

Watch Tony Parker off the bench. Unbelievable for a 19 year old to have so much talent at the NBA level. Antonio Daniels is performing well now as a starter instead of a backup and he is looking better than he ever did last year. Spurs have huge depth this year (even better than last) and Pop is playing it out giving a lot of PT to the role players. It keeps the legs fresh for David and Tim and makes for nice fourth periods as evidenced Tuesday against the Clippers.

Spurs may very well let down tonight, but I wouldn't even think about going against the Spurs in Portland.

Just my two cents.

NCU

[This message has been edited by Never Caught Up (edited 11-01-2001).]

Never Caught Up

Forum Member
Apr 17, 2001
Nice call on Seattle tonight, Nick. Taking the beating the way they did tonight should make Saturday's play on the Spurs even stronger. They have a day to rest and I think we will see San Antonio at their best in Portland Saturday night.

Seattle was impressive tonight . . . especially from outside the arch. I haven't looked at the stats, yet, but they were shooting three pointers at a very high per centage. That will be worth remembering.

Again, nice call.

NCU

Bet on MyBookie