1963 Lincoln penny worth $39,100 and BRE-X stock $150..strange...

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
some interesting items I came across in the past month.

A 1963 coin graded PR70 Dcam (deep cameo/PR 70 is the highest coin grade you can get) went for $39,100 at a coin auction. the coin was graded by PCGS. this shows how important grade means to coins before 1976, and a perfect coin can bring.

1963 over 3 million mintage.

by a coin in the higher grades comes with quite a bit of risk, for instance if the market believes it should have been graded MS 69-68 then the value is cut in half. also you may not be able to sell a penny for $39,000 every day.

not much of a coin collector but purchase about $500 worth of coins every year. ussually buy Morgans MS63-65, and Peace dollars. Will start buying MS 65-66 Franklin slabs over time. mainly use my coins for props or gifts. If I am asked to speak to some business students/ect. or group will pass the coins around, you would be surprised how few fall asleep using this technique. :)

BRE-X share certificates can go for $150 dollars if you can get them. People who collect stock certificates can value these pieces of paper (scipophilly) for hundreds and sometimes thousands. for me it would be just a chance to remeber the crazy mining mania of the 1990s. however will have to wait do not feel like paying $150 for a stock that was worthless should have bought some for .03cents as a keepsake.

thanks
selkirk

Bet on MyBookie