2:00 pm play from the left coast

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ScreaminPain

1/2 cocked
Forum Member
Nov 10, 2004
Southern California
USC +1'

We've all looked at the numbers, the tangibles, the matchups and we've all come to our own conclusions.....some the same, some opposing. But after that, I'm looking at another important factor that cannot be dismissed easily....namely. Pete Carroll.

At risk of sounding like Scott for USC, look at this mans record. In six years, he has only 12 loses--by a combined 51 points. His only defeat by more than a touchdown came in his 7th game and he has now coached 76.

The inexplicable 13-9 shocker to UCLA cost the Trojans a shot at the National title, but it also showed that the Trojan juggernaut can occasionally go bust. But I surmise Carroll will only use that defeat to rally his team to play beyond their individual objectives and ability. Carroll has that unique special ability to motivate. Carroll is confident he has restored his teams mental heallth, by focusing not on whether a National Championship is at stake, but more on a reliance on the system

This should be a hard-fought game. I know coaches don't suitup, but with the x's and o's aside, I'm putting my money on the defensive genius of Pete Carroll to devise a game play that will fluster and confuse the Maize and Blue.

USC 23-17