2-6-02 1* NCAABB play inside!

Rocketman Sports

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2000
Hartsville, SC USA
PICK
1* East Carolina +19

A very easy winner with the Sonics last night as it was never in doubt!!! That brings our record to 26-14 last 40 releases right here monitored by YOU!!!

I look for this game to be low scoring. Marquette is 0-3 ATS the last 3 times they were favored by more than 10 points. East Carolina should stay well within the number in this one!! Good luck today!!

TheShrimp

Forum Member
Jan 15, 2002
You've picked some good winners, here, but...

You've picked some good winners, here, but...

I looked at this one too, and I don't like it. Sagarin and other (sonny moore) power ratings show this should be at least about 23. They rankings might not be as sharp when they get up that high, but I think the books know that 19 is going to get a lot of action on the dog without going to 20, anyway.

Marq has beaten some good teams (tenn, indy, zags), and they've posted a lot of double digit wins against their conference foes.

Everyone that has beaten them is a quality team, though not great. Maybe you like the 19 because of the let-down factor after the 14 point win over Cinci, but that's really the only reason I can think of to bet against Marquette tonight (there's no sandwich operating here either with a weak so. miss up next). I'm not a strong believer in the letdown factor, and believe Marq could whoop 'em BAD tonight.

I'm putting a small amount on the Golden Eagles.

TheShrimp

checkraiser

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2001
clifton park, ny
Rocketman
I agree with you here
Classic letdown situation here with Marquette coming off its biggest win of the year against cincy now has to try to get pumped up for ECU. I doubt it, however if they are ready to play 20 probably won't be enough. I'm with you, I say they will be on cruise control and be happy with a 12-14 point win and get ready for a tough road game at So Miss on saturday. Give me 20 points in this situation anytime
good luck
checkraiser

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

buddy

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Pittsburgh, Pa.
checkraiser,

"...and get ready for tough road game at So Miss on Saturday."

????????????????????????????

against So Miss?

What am I missing here?

TheShrimp

Forum Member
Jan 15, 2002
I don't think you're missing anything.

I think the sandwuch factor is overrated to begin with, but it still only applies if the future opponent is good. So. Miss sucks.

TheShrimp

checkraiser

Forum Member
Nov 8, 2001
clifton park, ny
BUDDY
Winning on the road during conference play is not easy for anyone
And if you take a look at So Miss they are rather competitive at home this year although their record doesn't indicate this.
In comparing both teams it easy for me to determine why a road game @ So Miss is a tougher spot than a home date with ECU thus the potential for look ahead combined with letdown will keep this game within 20

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
Bet on MyBookie