2004 Season Win Totals

snakeeyes

Forum Member
Jul 8, 2001
NY
Anyone have a strong opinion on season totals? Yanks 99 wins?
Braves 85 ; pirates 66.5? Any thoughts?

pirate fan

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2002
Well, I'm biased to start but I do think the Pirates will win more than 66.5 games. The NL central is tough this year so I feel they are maybe a 3rd or fourth place team at best if one of the contenders gets hit with injuries or something. Feel they are better than the Reds and Brewers. The Pirates are young but they do have some guys who can hit somewhat consistently: Craig Wilson, Randell Simon, Jason Kendell, Chris Stynes but in general probably will be a weak hitting team. New guys are the story though. Tiki Redman brought up last two months of season plays center field and tied for the league in total hits the last two months. He'll lead off. Jason Bay LF and Freddy Sanchez, infielder, listed as 6th and 10th in list of top 20 rookies to watch by Baseball America. They have good starters in Kip Wells, Kris Benson, Josh Fogg, Oliver Perez and Rick Reed. Desperately in need of a reliver. Jose Mesa in camp and rumors of grabbing another free agent flying around (Ugeth Urbina). I think if they can address the reliver role, they should easily finish with more than 70 wins. They actually played a couple games over 500 the last half of the season as they dumped players to competative teams. GL:D

Last edited:

souzathelooza

Forum Member
Mar 13, 2003
Santa Barbara, California
:( Los Angeles Dodgers :(

If things break their way
they will win 82-88 games. I say nothing
breaks their way. Encarnacion will be the lone
shining light on a team tumbling into the abyss.

Nomo can't get anyone out.
Jeff Weaver will be ....well...Jeff Weaver.
Green is a shell of his former self.
Robin Ventura won't take you to the promised land. The only pitcher worth a damn is Perez.
This team should win around 70-75 games.

I am all over this prop like a freak
in a carnaval.

LOS ANGELES UNDER 82 1/2 -125
kurby kurby 5 UNITS. kurby kurby

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

CHARLESMANSON

Hated
Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
CORCORAN, CA
Souzathelooza-
Goddamn I couldn't have said it better myself. Odalis has been lights out and has his ERA down to .60. That's about it when it comes to bright spots.
Oh -- 2 more....
Cabrera and Jackson.....look for monster years out of these guys....
Glad Jordan's gone but I think the loss of Sheffield a couple years ago is what has really soaked this team in brown toilet water.

I agree with Monkey...I could never play a long future like that.
I do however think it would be funny to put like $80,000 on one and spend every night of the baseball season pulling my whiskers out and drolling. Constant sleepless nights. There goes your social life huh? :tongue

Bet on MyBookie