2019 Green Bay Packers Preview

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
Changing it up this year, I usually do the North as a whole but I?m going to do the North team by team and hope Poolplayer is reading. I?m going to start with the Packers as there are far more Packer fans here and lurking than any other North team. Now last season I really thought Rodgers was going to come for revenge and I was dead wrong. Was it him getting injured week 1 or was it the fact that this team always seems to be a MASH unit by season?s end? To me Rodgers is aging faster than guys like Brees and Brady, I know those are top level guys but when you have many, even outside of Packerland calling him the goat it sets the bar very high. To me that notion is absurd, this is a guy who is still really good but not at GOAT status. He became a starter when defensive rules changed in favor of offenses and lets face it defenses outside of very few teams weren?t very good. The Packers pounded on very weak NFC North teams with struggling secondaries. They had Findlay seaming the middle and would use multi receiver sets and he would light up weak secondaries and have guys running wide open. Fast forward and the loss of
An athletic tight end and teams getting better with better secondaries and you don?t see the same numbers he was putting up. You see a less confident qb who throws the ball away a ton. Also without saying he?s a guy whose leadership skills have been often been scrutinized. I had to add this in to get the apologists riled up but I don?t think you can argue the stats.

Heading into 2019 the Packers come in with Guy Lafluer as the head coach taking over for Mike McCarthy in season fired team. It seems as though the upper brass would like him to take over as the guy who can keep Rodgers in some sort of check. Now the Packers made a lot of defensive off season moves and used their first two picks to solidify what should be an improving defense. Jaire Alexander who they drafted 1 last year should be an absolute stud and can become one of the leagues best cover corners, the problem with Green Bay is going to be weather their front 7 will improve. They released Mike Daniels from what sounds like conditioning issues and to save cap room, so the key to their front 7 is Kenny Clark, he?s a very good DT and his health is of the upmost key. The additions of Amos and the 2 smiths at LB should really spark plug the defense and they could be close to a 10-15 defense and with luck maybe be top 10 if Gary and Savage play well as rookies and if Kevin King ( hamstring issues) ever stayed healthy as he is really good but can?t stay on the field. I am a little baffled by them giving Lowry an extension as I believe him to be a stiff and liability. Also watch to see if Fackrell plays a lot as well even though he lead the team in sacks he?s a major defensive liability. Blake MartiNez in the middle is steady but the Packers have enough upside on defense to be a force.

Offensively Rodgers is only have one reliable WR last year and they will need a young second wide out to step up. Tight end Graham is old and then they have the third round pick who has some athleticism. I like the rb Jones but it seems like they go away from him far too soon and maybe that changes with new regime. Tackles are solid especially if Bulaga stays healthy, interio lone ia the key as they can be manhandled against good fronts.

I expect the Packers to be improved from last season but they have more ?ifs? than the Bears and Vikes. I expect them to win 9 games and if stars align they could vie for
The division and win 11 games, but that defense would really have to ball out.

I?m thinking Rodgers gets hurt again and if that happens it?s seaon over. As of now I?m sticking with 9-7

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
if the Pack doesn't improve on the 49 SACKS of Rodgers in 2018 they will play hell keeping him in the lineup.

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
Rodgers will not be playing for Green Bay at the end of this season.

RodgAa00_2019.jpg
:0003

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
average football team.
:0003

OPENING WESTGATE
Green Bay Packers 9 over/under -110

Green Bay Packers - NFL Regular Season Wins -
26225 GB regular season wins over 9? +105
26226 GB regular season wins under 9? -125

2019 Schedule

• Records are from 2018

what exactly does Green Bay have?:0003

COULD THE PACK OPEN UP 3-7 :scared

Green Bay Packers
WeekDateTime (ET)Opponent
1Thu Sep 58:20 pmat Chicago Bears
2Sun Sep 151:00 pmMinnesota Vikings
3Sun Sep 221:00 pmDenver Broncos
4Thu Sep 268:20 pmPhiladelphia Eagles
5Sun Oct 64:25 pmat Dallas Cowboys
6Mon Oct 148:15 pmDetroit Lions
7Sun Oct 201:00 pmOakland Raiders
8Sun Oct 278:20 pmat Kansas City Chiefs
9Sun Nov 34:25 pmat Los Angeles Chargers
10Sun Nov 101:00 pmCarolina Panthers
Bye Week
12Sun Nov 244:25 pmat San Francisco 49ers
13Sun Dec 11:00 pmat New York Giants
14Sun Dec 81:00 pmWashington Redskins
15Sun Dec 151:00 pmChicago Bears
16Mon Dec 238:15 pmat Minnesota Vikings
17Sun Dec 291:00 pmat Detroit Lions

<tbody>
</tbody>

heleanth

Forum Member
Oct 17, 2001
Northern Wisconsin
Very interesting write-up, BP! I agree with your analysis. Packers have many question marks and seem to be thin in some important areas, especially offensive line!:toast:

Bet on MyBookie