3/17 NHL Play

Nick Douglas

Forum Member
Oct 31, 2000
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Happy St. Pattie's Day! I haven't posted all of the plays here, but I am now 1-8 in my last nine. Apologies if anyone has piggybacked my recent plays. I have two for tonight that I really did my homework on and I feel very strongly about both for the reasons listed below.

Islanders +150 over COLUMBUS

The Jackets traded their top scorer and have lost Sanderson for this game to injury. Where are the goals going to come from? They have two consecutive shutouts but they are being outshot badly and that will come back to haunt them at some point. The Isles kept their team intact at the deadline and they are rolling with a big win over the Pens last time out. This game is available at +0.5 +100, but there have been few ties at Nationwide arena this year. I am taking the moneyline as I think the Jackets will fall hard due to the lack of firepower.

TAMPA BAY +185 over Pittsburgh

If I weren't so cold, this would be a double unit play. Here is a list of the factors favoring the Lighting:

-Weeks is hot, with a GAA of about 1.8 in his last five games

-Lightning have won four of five and have a winning record at home this season

-Pens are playing back to back while the Lightning are rested

-Pens are playing the second half of the Florida swing (an historically tough situation)

-Pens have struggled in second half of back to backs since Mario's return because of his back problems

All of that adds up to a good situation for the Lightning to pull the Upset. I am forgoing the half goal because there have been just 2 ties at the Ice Palace this year.

Bet on MyBookie