3 Billboards

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
This movie is way overrated and downright stupid. Disjointed plot, unrealistic dialogue, characters and actions. And what the hell is up with Woody's 25 year old Kiwi wife (who looks more like his granddaughter) attempting an Ozark accent? Stupid Irish playwrite doesn't know what an American rural town looks like and Americans don't say cunt that much if at all. Senseless things like that add up in this movie.

As a fan of Frances and the Cohen Bros. world of dark comedy I found this to be a dumb ripoff.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
This movie is way overrated and downright stupid. Disjointed plot, unrealistic dialogue, characters and actions. And what the hell is up with Woody's 25 year old Kiwi wife (who looks more like his granddaughter) attempting an Ozark accent? Stupid Irish playwrite doesn't know what an American rural town looks like and Americans don't say cunt that much if at all. Senseless things like that add up in this movie.

As a fan of Frances and the Cohen Bros. world of dark comedy I found this to be a dumb ripoff.
:0008

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Wait til you get a load of it winning Best Picture on Surnday.

That will cause me to put up my own billboards of injustice. How will I be able to verbalize my disdain of 3 billboards on billboards? :dizzy:

The Joker

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 3, 2008
Tennessee
www.madjacksports.com

It is loosely based on a true story - these kinds of stories never have the Hollywood ending you are looking for.

This movie gives way to brilliant acting by Harelson, McDormand and Rockwell. I really like this movie, although I don't like the ending - leading up to it is really great though.

I kind of agree with your comment about being a Cohen rip-off and can you imagine if they had written this?
It'd befucking brilliant. This movie for me, is at least likeable. I will watch it again too. :0008

DZ

Urban Achiever
Forum Member
Oct 22, 2009
310/917
I liked it, but the wife didn't, which is odd because we usually agree on most every movie. Seems like it was pretty polarizing. I agree, the ending could have been better, if not just a bit more satisfying. I know it's getting all the Oscar hype, some deserved, some not. I hate to say it, though, but I have a feeling that The Shape of Water is going to be the big winner on Oscar night and sweep pretty much all of the award categories it is entered in. Not that it deserves to win, but it just seems like one of those movies the Academy loves to eat up.

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
havent been to a movie in 5 years

Decided to go to the Shape of Water ., a certain Academy winner

Man did that suck or what

Old School

OVR
Forum Member
Mar 19, 2006
It is loosely based on a true story - these kinds of stories never have the Hollywood ending you are looking for.

This movie gives way to brilliant acting by Harelson, McDormand and Rockwell. I really like this movie, although I don't like the ending - leading up to it is really great though.

I kind of agree with your comment about being a Cohen rip-off and can you imagine if they had written this?
It'd befucking brilliant. This movie for me, is at least likeable. I will watch it again too. :0008

just watched it...... your review is spot on..

Bet on MyBookie