4 Unit Hockey Play

Tiger

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
Colorado at Detroit......3 PM EST
The Play: 4 units (over 5.5,+110)

I rarely play totals for my 4 unit plays but this one today just looks too good to pass by.

We have the top two scoring teams in the Western Conference as Colorado averages 3.29 gls/gm and Detroit averages 3.07 gls/gm. They are among the leaders in shots on goal with the Wings at 32.3 sh/gm and the Avs at 29.2 sh/gm. In fact the Wings have averaged a whopping 36.0 sh/gm over their last 6 games.

Both teams have excellent Power Plays, both right at 22.0%, a very good number. On the Penalty Kill, Detroit is good at 86.1% but Colorado has struggled at just 82.8%.

The Wings are 7-3 to the over in their last 10 at home and the last 4 games between these teams have all gone over..........final scores were 5-3, 4-3, 5-3, and 4-2. Colorado is 17-17 O/U on the road TY while Detroit is 21-16 O/U at home TY.

David Aebischer is expected to get the call in net for the Avs today as they rest Patrick Roy for the season finale tomorrow and it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Scotty Bowman put in his backup netminder as well, so as to not give the Avs any psychological edge should the two meet later in the Playoffs.

The fact that this game is an afternoon tilt also backs up an over play as for some reason (totally unknown to me) a greater percentage of afternoon games go over than regular night games.

The last factor to support the over is the fact that this game means absolutely nothing to either team, as they are set as the number 1 and number 2 seeds in the West. Since they cannot meet until the Western Final and have met so many times before in emotionally charged games, I feel that this game will hold no special meaning. Therefore, I don't expect a grind-it-out, dump and chase, defensive minded, playoff type game.

On the contrary, I expect both teams to open it up and have some fun. Yes, there is a chance that some key players might be rested, but that key player could very well be a top defenceman or a good checking forward so that's really a non-issue for me.

4 Units (Over 5.5,+110)

Good luck out there today,
Tiger

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
"...Quo fas et gloria ducunt..."
same here...heh heh heh

hmmmmmm...gonna look into that.

cool.gif

dude

Forum Member
Nov 6, 2000
Excellent write up. Just got down on it myself.

Thanks as always
Dude

Houston Gambler

Forum Member
Mar 13, 2001
Texas
Tiger,
Good luck on your over.I'm projecting that game at 6.I was doing real well on overs until late in the season.It's like every one just changed their game plan.14 of the last 18 Grand Salami's have went under.

HG

jmizeus

Forum Member
Dec 15, 2000
western,ny
good job there tiger, i couldn't find anything to make me pull the trigger on that one. atleast my dallas pick won!

wtg

Tiger

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
Adding:

1)Islanders(Pick,+180)
Boston was eliminated from the Playoffs last night and will find it very, very tough to get up for the weak Islanders tonight. At this price, it's good value.

2)Toronto/Ottawa over 5,-130
With the Leafs having clinched a playoff berth last night, they might get caught flat footed early in this one and have to play catch up later. I expect at least 6 goals tonight.

Good luck,
Tiger

Bet on MyBookie