?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

COORSL1TE

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 12, 2015
Closest Pub
Anyone know why the PSU/MSU line dropped to 7?

I just didn't see PSU hanging with MSU on road in a game the Sparty needs to have a shot. But, with the line going south like Sherman, it is scaring me off. Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks

Smitty

Forum Member
Jan 5, 2005
Upstate NY
2 guesses....

1) smitty is on psu, so that drove the line down

2) cook has been ruled out

although cook being out shouldn't come as a big surprise, so guess #1 is the most likely reason. :toast:

COORSL1TE

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 12, 2015
Closest Pub
Thanks Smitty, I'm sure #1 has to be it.

I read your post. And you asking Hackenberg to stop sucking for 4 quarters, is asking a lot. Because, well, let's be honest, he flat out sucks ass this year. And most of last. He hasn't really been good since his freshman year.
But, good luck. I'm out. Line drop is to scary for me.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
Penn State is playing a little banged up ? more so than Franklin said he?s ever seen them ? and were without starting safety Jordan Lucas (who is out for the rest of the year) and starting defensive end Carl Nassib ( who is leading the nation in sacks).

But they do have a bit more stability than they?ve seen in weeks on the linebacker unit, as strong-side ?backer Brandon Bell appeared to be in full health after an interception, sack-and-strip and fumble recovery against Michigan last week.

The Spartans also were briefly on injury watch, as starting quarterback Connor Cook suffered a shoulder injury against Maryland two games ago and sat out as the Spartans toppled Ohio State the following week.

Franklin said after practice Wednesday that he expected Cook to be in as his team tries to clinch the East.

If so, Cook is a formidable threat and similar in style to Hackenberg. However, the Spartans allow just 1.36 sacks per game and often display a comfortable, movable pocket, thus giving their quarterback the time needed to be effective in the air.

?I?m looking at Michigan State?s offensive line this week, I think they?re 295, 325, 325, 315 and 325 (pounds apiece),? said Franklin. ?They?re massive human beings, and we?re still kind of working toward that.?

The Spartans have also split run duties fairly evenly between three backs. Freshman LJ Scott has rushed for 577 yards and nine touchdowns on 107 carries, while sophomore Gerald Holmes has 457 yards on 98 carries with seven touchdowns and freshman Madre London has 409 yards on 101 carries (but just three rushing scores).

Tight end Paul Lang has been a key element in the ground attack as well. He is similar to Michigan?s Jake Butt in his ability to execute blocks to open up the run, plus he can line up like a wideout and pull down chunk-yardage passes.