60 Minutes: Members of Congress Get a Pass on Insider Trading

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Trench

Turn it up
Forum Member
Mar 8, 2008
Mad City, WI
If you missed this 60 Minutes piece on Sunday, you really should watch it.

<embed src="http://cnettv.cnet.com/av/video/cbsnews/atlantis2/cbsnews_player_embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#333333" width="425" height="279" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="si=254&contentValue=50114839&shareUrl=http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7388130n" />

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
I watched this. It really sucks that we are all being raped by these swine while we stand around bickering on behalf of our party of choice.

pd1

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2001
missouri
What gets me is not the fact they can be bought, its how cheap they are. Its nothing to piss away 20 billion of the governments money for just a few thousands in campaign contributions. Both sides are equally guilty.

pity really

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
i always enjoyed those rules of not having to disclose ur trades the day u make the trade. :shrug: Im sure tho seeing how corrupt this shit is, we have our large percentage who believe this is all on the up and up. I have always said there is no difference between trading stocks and betting sports.
The same people who vote on their very own raises are exempt from inside trading. :mj07: Only in America. Then we have guys like Jim Cramer hying AIG right before they collapse and people think Cramer is a good solid guy. Cramer is to wall Street what ESPN is to sports betting. Suck naive gullible people in and then steal their money. Thankgod i wasn't born with that naive gene most seem to have.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Mover

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2000
Detroit,Mi
Thanks Trench ! Was listening to the author of book
" Throw them all out " on the radio this morning. Came home & listened to the piece on 60 minutes. My faith in my elected officials is off the charts. I emailed my senator & house rep. asking if they are supporting the bill HR 1148 to stop this , as expected no response. Pelosi buys BOA stock at $ 44 & sells 2 days later at $ 64. She feels nothing is wrong being able to use inside info.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Thanks Trench ! Was listening to the author of book
" Throw them all out " on the radio this morning. Came home & listened to the piece on 60 minutes. My faith in my elected officials is off the charts. I emailed my senator & house rep. asking if they are supporting the bill HR 1148 to stop this , as expected no response. Pelosi buys BOA stock at $ 44 & sells 2 days later at $ 64. She feels nothing is wrong being able to use inside info.

Dont u have a problem with the 4 Republicans mention in the story or just Pelosi? I think it is disgusting that anyone is in this story but the Boehner bullshit excuse has to be the most disgusting out of the disgusting. I guess since Fox has slammed Pelosi for years this is the only name people have a problem with. :shrug:

Trench

Turn it up
Forum Member
Mar 8, 2008
Mad City, WI
Dont u have a problem with the 4 Republicans mention in the story or just Pelosi? I think it is disgusting that anyone is in this story but the Boehner bullshit excuse has to be the most disgusting out of the disgusting. I guess since Fox has slammed Pelosi for years this is the only name people have a problem with. :shrug:
Boehner led the fight to kill off the Public Option, then bought a bunch of Insurance Company stock just days before the P/O was killed. All of the Insurance stock went up... go figure. :mj03:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Mover

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2000
Detroit,Mi

I am also disgusted with all of them inc. republicans. I was just amused by her response. Sorry I chose Pelosi did not mean to upset you.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Boehner led the fight to kill off the Public Option, then bought a bunch of Insurance Company stock just days before the P/O was killed. All of the Insurance stock went up... go figure. :mj03:

Trench he said he only talks to his adviser once a year. Imagine that. Now here is a guy crafting policy for the country but lets his financial adviser do what he wants whenever he wants without supervision. Talk about a goddam lair. This is why democrats make me sick. This should be talked about everywhere But these no good cowards won't say anything.

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
So Martha Stewart went to jail for the same thing these rotten fuks are doing but it is legal for them.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Trench

Turn it up
Forum Member
Mar 8, 2008
Mad City, WI
I am also disgusted with all of them inc. republicans. I was just amused by her response. Sorry I chose Pelosi did not mean to upset you.
There's no doubt Pelosi and Boehner are opposite sides of the same coin of political hackery, Mover. ;)