72 hole matchup rules and playoffs

shanker

Forum Member
Apr 14, 2001
australia
just a had a small wager on mcginley v lawrie in wales open with simon bold

mcginley won in playoff but they are not paying this bet out as they claim both players played the same number of holes

my questions are
a. what happens in a normal 72 hole playoff situation and
b. what is the difference between this case and another matchup that is declared at the cut when both have played only 36 holes

has anyone else been stiffed this way

ravi

[This message has been edited by shanker (edited 08-14-2001).]

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Ravi, in the normal case, McGinley should win this matchup. They didn't play the same # of holes because Lawrie bowed out after the 2nd extra hole and McGinley won after 5 extra holes. You should get paid.

However, I would not be surprised if you were ignored. Simon Bold have a very bad reputation for stiffing their clients. They voided all 72-hole bets at the BellSouth Classic earlier this year when, according to them, "it became questionable whether 72-holes would be played". In truth, they were on the wrong side of a lot of bets! Of course, they haven't done the same since and of course, didn't do the same last week.

They are not a member of IBAS and they don't have specific rules for golf listed on their site, so I wouldn't be optimistic no matter how valid your claim is
frown.gif

Ridiculously low limits as well - if it weren't for their extremely weak lines, I wouldn't touch them.

shanker

Forum Member
Apr 14, 2001
australia
thanks stan

i checked the Centrebet site (they offered the same bet - but without the tie odds) and their rules state that playoffs are NOT included - so if i had bet with them i would have at least got my money back

thus i suspect the playoff scenario is all in the books favour depite in this case the holes played being different

this is a worry but

cheers
ravi

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg