8/28 Going for the Cycle!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

The Cycle

Forum Member
Aug 22, 2009
After a good day Wednesday, a 1-3 performance yesterday brought me crashing back down to even (almost). Couple of bigger ones tonight on the west coast. Best of luck to all!

Dodgers/Reds UNDER 9 (-125) [Billingsley/Bailey]: Single

The Dodgers bats just are not getting it done lately which will force big Chad to go out and mow down this weak Cincy lineup. I'm going to continue to ride this under machine as I expect CB to match if not surpass his first outing vs the Reds this year (6 IP, 2 ER). Homer Bailey has blow up potential but the Dodgers will have to do most of the damage to get this one over, and I don't see them scoring 7 or 8 runs tonight given their recent struggles to plate runs.

Twins +103 [Hunter/Duensing]: Double

The Twins are winners of 7 of their last 10, hitting almost .290 as a team over that span. They also hold the edge over the Rangers on the season 4-3, all 7 games being played in Texas. I think there is potential for a letdown game on behalf of the Rangers as they come off the high of taking 2 of 3 from the Yankees. The Twins faced Hunter a week and a half ago and knocked him out in the 6th inning after 4 earned. Add that the Rangers are hitting slightly over .200 lately vs. LHP and this is a nice price for a home dog.

A's/Angels UNDER 10 (-105) [Tomko/Bell]: Triple

I'm not sold this is some re-invented Brett Tomko, but he has got it done in a big way in his two starts with Oakland this year (vs. NYY and DET). He has only allowed 1 run in 11 IP. He comes in against a cold Angels team hitting only .260 vs RHP their last ten. The Halos managed just 3 hits last night getting shutout 2-0. Trevor Bell is coming off a really rough outing but I expect a full rebound tonight versus the light hitting A's. In his lone start at home this year (also his ML debut) he surrendered 4 ER to the heavy-hitting Rays and 3 of those runs came off the bat of 2 HR by Carlos Pena. He really pitched much better than the line in the box score. Oakland is hitting under .240 as a team their last 10. These two teams have only combined for more than 10 runs 1 time in 10 meetings this season. Andy Fletcher should be behind the plate tonight and the dude has a massive strike zone. This will definitely help us go under the total here.

Giants -123 [Jiminez/Lincecum]: Home Run

Must win game, at home, (arguably) best pitcher in baseball. Sign me up. Ubaldo has given the Giants fits this year but I fully expect Lincecums dominance at home to continue tonight. (7-1, 1.98, 1.01)... Filthy. Sandoval is questionable but I just can't see him sitting this one out with so much on the line, so I would bet he will be in the lineup. Cheers to the Giants improving to 42-21 at home tonight.

:box2: