A few NIT Plays for the heck of it

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Will start with WSU + 4 and ML to be St Mary's...I've seen St. Mary's play twice this year on TV, agaisnt San Diego and they looked good..and Gonzaga where they looked like a Miiddle school team...in the SD game I think what I saw was a really mediocre team SD lose to an OK team, St. Mary's..in Gonaga I saw a very good team beat an average team, St. Mary's...so I've got St Mary's as an average team (who did not deserve to get into the NCAAs in my opiiniion)..going against a miiddle of the pack PAC 10 team...well, other than Gonzaga, the conference St. Mary's is in stinks...so their win total doesn't mean a thing to me...I've not seen too much of WSU so I'm ignorant there..but have seen big ten games in general and it's like a claiming race in horse racing..the leagues aren't even close...so go with the better breed, WSU..of course, I'm just doing this for fun waiting for the real tourney

Also, like Neb over New Mexico..Neb is a slow plodding team but they did beat Missouri..amazingly enough, which I did see...think they can keep this close...Neb can work it down low and score enough to keep this within 7 1/2

and for tomorrow night, like Missouri State vs Kansas State..I think Miss State wins this outright...they are a very good team that came close to getting into the NCAAs..should have beaten NorthernIowa...K State, young and will get run out the gym...take the 6 1/2 and ML

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
NIT Day 2, Georgetown (why?), ill St and NW.

NIT Day 2, Georgetown (why?), ill St and NW.

OK, the NIT sure is a poor man's NCAA's that's for sure..both are hard to cap IMO...you don't know the motiivation levels (not true of NCAAs), different leagures, etc. But for a low betting amounts just because the season is ending

1) GT + 3 1/2..OK the hoyas really stunk it up this year..did beat Conn and Memphis, two of the top teams out there...of course, they've stunk it up for 2 months now...not sure what happened to them this year..they never improved and actually got worse...I like their coach but he totally lost his offense..no inside game, no toughness (can't believe that being GT)...a kind of lousy whimpy team since they beat Conn...but they do have talent in terms of skilled players..they do have a good offense if they just run it...they've played the 1 schedule in all of college BB...and now they face Baylor...boy the top guys sure have fallen..Baylor..a free wheeling machine from the the Big 12...I've seen both play and I guess the Bears are favored because they play above the rim, run and gun, just great athletes...but I say no...the hoyas have had two weeks to get ready for this...they can run a good O..they can hit the 3s...the I think they want to keep thie r name up..they have been a huge disappointment this year...they have underperformed...something tells me they win this one outright..and the Hoyas could be a great pick to win the tourney...now your reallly think I'm nuts..well..I'm a bit of a homer here...but hoyas win this one

Ill State-line up to 7 1/2 .....is the Big 12 really that good? I bet Neb and they wen tdown easily yesterday..thinking maybe this conference isn't what it's made out to be...Texas is my sleeper in this conference..and maybe Tex AM ..the rest go down.

NW- + 5...Lousy conference..they played gutless against Memphis...no discipline..just a bunch of guys playing pickup ball against a discplined and talented NW team..NW wins this outright..

ML Parlay GT with NW pays 5 to win...go for it

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg