A MESSAGE TO ALL NHL FANS-INCLUDING DALLAS

bcj920

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2001
Dallas,TX
I bet the rest of the West is sick and tired of it being AVS and STARS in the Finals. Stars over blues in 6. GO STARS!!!!!

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
so this is the year for the blues? ok, never heard that one before, yes they are a good team and dallas will have to play their hearts out again to win, but that is exactly what this team does, i hope this series is half as good as the edmonton series was. i'm not one to sit around and trash talk, if i have learned one thing watching hockey over the past 4 years, there are several plays a game that can go either way. that det/la game 6 was a prime example. same with about every game in the dallas/ed series. i am just glad i have something like this to watch instead of more nasty nba playoff games. until modano raises the roof after a goal or i see macinnis use the slash the throat gesture-- i think hockey will be my clear number 1!! more importantly, let's find some good series values and keep good picks coming!!

TexasBC6

Forum Member
Dec 10, 2000
Austin, TX
Being a huge Stars fan, I must say that I believe the value in this upcoming series is with the Blues. I'm fairly confident that they have at least a 50/50 shot at winning the series.

Belfour is a much more experienced goaltender and as we all know that is not something to be overlooked when capping playoff games. Belfour was a mere shadow of himself this past season going through some extremely bad spells in net. A fully rested Dallas team is a dangerous thing, but not enough to warrant laying 55 or 60 points of juice.

However, like you were saying Wigs, that Edmonton series could have gone either way in many instances. I hope to god Dallas wins, but I would never bet on them at -155.

In my opinion, the smart money is on St. Louis in this series. Just my opinion, take it at face value and good luck to all my fellow NHL cappers throughout the playoffs.

------------------
-Tex

mw

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2000
dallas
Avs to beat the Stars or Blues in 5 or less? NOT A CHANCE!

Avs lack forward depth, and their two lines will take a beating over the course of the series. Their PK is poor. Also, Eddie's better than Roy. Avs have a chance to win in 6 or 7, but I don't think they beat Dallas without Deadmarsh and Miller.

Caesar

Forum Member
Aug 30, 2000
Poquoson, VA, USA
NAME THAT TUNE?

I won't bet the bank on this one, but the fact that AV's win their series pretty easily while other series is a brawl is the only reasoning behind that statement.
Maybe a Stretch.

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
"...Quo fas et gloria ducunt..."
c'mon guyz...I've been saying all along..LEAFZ in six (they beat Ottawa) and I also said LEAFS in SIX against NJ.
Toronto will beat the MARIO LEMIEUX show in the next round. LA will beat Colorado as L.A is now the team of destiny (LOL!!). ST.LOO will lose to Dallas in 6 and LA will play Dallas and beat them in 7. Toronto will play L.A in the STANLEY CUP FINALS (2001, of course) thus fullfilling the prophesy of the LEAFS winning the CUP this year as the underdogs and having ties to losing back to L.A (and the Gretzky show in 1994...?). Potvin will get a chance to play against the team that treated him like crap (the LEAFZ) and play aginst his replacement (CUJO).
This is a good script i think...hahahhahah
nope, we won't see BOURQUE riding into the sunset on the Stanley Cup.
have fun dreaming, everyone...!!!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by TORONTO-VIGILANTE (edited 04-27-2001).]

Caesar

Forum Member
Aug 30, 2000
Poquoson, VA, USA
NO WAY AVs beat Blues in 5? Eat Crow Baby. AVs +170 against the defending Champion. Avs in 6 at home.
"He Shoots, He SCORES." Bank it

Bet on MyBookie