ACC VS SEC

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Grama

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Lynchburg, VA
Georgia and So Carolina are both mediocre SEC teams - and both made the ACC championship teams look stupid. And to think that the winner of the champ game gets a BCS bowl and Boise St could be left out. Boise St would roll either team.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Skipper

BITCH!!
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2003
Knoxville
Big 12 vs. the SEC:142smilie

BTW - Georgia Tech is 2-1 vs. the SEC this year :shrug:

Notre Dame vs Navy last 3 years
:142smilie :mj07: :shrug:

Probably should wait for another argument to chime in, but your screen name is appropriate for what Charlie Weis did in his pants many times this year.

DIRTY Diapers

Forum Member
Jan 13, 2005
Indianapolis
SEC fans sure do get their panties in a wad... I was just pointing out that OSU a mediocre team smacked around that superior SEC Georgia team when they met up and I think UCLA smacked around the Vols in their own backyard. Cheer for your school not your conference... I think most on here already knows the SEC is the strongest conference, but I get tired of these fans thumping their chest about a win out of conference... And it's not even their own team. Do you see Washington fans and Washington St. fans thumping their chest win UCLA beat Tennessee?

BTW - I already know ND sucks so I really could care less.

Skipper

BITCH!!
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2003
Knoxville
They would if they felt they were the strongest conference, and you are correct, Wazzu fans do not thump their chest after UCLA beat the Vols because they were probably all in a Starbucks sipping on a mocha choca lotta bullshat while SEC fans were watching every in conference college football game on TV.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DIRTY Diapers

Forum Member
Jan 13, 2005
Indianapolis
They would if they felt they were the strongest conference, and you are correct, Wazzu fans do not thump their chest after UCLA beat the Vols because they were probably all in a Starbucks sipping on a mocha choca lotta bullshat while SEC fans were watching every in conference college football game on TV.

Well I guess you need to cheer for something since the Vols suck... So go thump your chest that other teams in your conference can actually win games outside of their conference, unlike the Vols. :spotting: SEC is the BEST!

Grama

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
Lynchburg, VA
I was merely poking fun at the ACC not "pounding my chest about the SEC." However, since you brought it up, the Pac 10 doesn't care about football. SEC football is about passion and whether it's your team or a conference team it doesn't matter, we still care about them.

As far as Notre Dame goes - well, nevermind. We all know they suck.

DIRTY Diapers

Forum Member
Jan 13, 2005
Indianapolis
I was merely poking fun at the ACC not "pounding my chest about the SEC." However, since you brought it up, the Pac 10 doesn't care about football. SEC football is about passion and whether it's your team or a conference team it doesn't matter, we still care about them.

As far as Notre Dame goes - well, nevermind. We all know they suck.

I think most PAC 10 fans would disagree with your statement... But youre right only SEC teams care about football. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Skipper

BITCH!!
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2003
Knoxville
Vols = 7-5 with first year head coach who inherited very little EXCEPT Eric Berry

ND = 6-6 with Weis in his 5th season with MUCH weaker schedule

Vols = Chance at New Years Bowl in the Outback

ND = Probably the Aloha or some other shat bowl on the 22nd of Dec. against a MAC or team similar

As a Vol fan, not happy at all with 7-5, but can see things are getting better. So to say they suck when they took the #2 team in the country to a last second FG that was blocked and played the Gators within 2 scores in the Swamp, is a bit of a stretch. They lost to an average UCLA team early in the season when Crompton couldn't throw the ball in the ocean, but if played now, would be much different.

I understand your frustration DD, your team has very little hope of getting better while the Vols are clearly on the up and up from the Foolmer days. Would probably be a good idea for ND to explore getting in a football conference, because they are the #2 independent team in the country behind Navy.

RollTide72

June 8, 2013
Forum Member
Apr 4, 2002
Greenfield, IN
www.facebook.com
From Andy Staples at SI.com

Dark day for ACC

I owe the Pac-10 an apology. Last week, as the league's teams beat up on one another, I joked on Twitter that on the East Coast, we call that kind of parity the ACC.

I'm sorry, Pac-10, for even including you in the same sentence as the ACC. You deserve better than that.

How else am I supposed to feel on a Saturday when the ACC's two division champs (Georgia Tech and Clemson) lost intrastate rivalry games to mediocre SEC teams (Georgia and South Carolina)? Maybe both teams were looking ahead to next week's ACC title game, but what does it say about the conference when its two division champs lost to teams that went 4-4 and 3-5 in SEC play?

Sure, it's only one game for both teams. And both teams were playing rivalry games. Neither is an acceptable excuse. Georgia Tech's defense looked like a clean, old-fashioned sieve as Georgia backs Caleb King and Washaun Ealey combined to rush for 349 yards. Meanwhile, Clemson's offense stalled, and C.J. Spiller's Heisman campaign died a slow death on the Williams-Brice Stadium turf.

The two teams will play next week for the conference title, and the Orange Bowl will welcome the winner. But it will take a while for the ACC to earn back the respect it lost on Saturday.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DIRTY Diapers

Forum Member
Jan 13, 2005
Indianapolis
Vols = 7-5 with first year head coach who inherited very little EXCEPT Eric Berry

ND = 6-6 with Weis in his 5th season with MUCH weaker schedule

Vols = Chance at New Years Bowl in the Outback

ND = Probably the Aloha or some other shat bowl on the 22nd of Dec. against a MAC or team similar

As a Vol fan, not happy at all with 7-5, but can see things are getting better. So to say they suck when they took the #2 team in the country to a last second FG that was blocked and played the Gators within 2 scores in the Swamp, is a bit of a stretch. They lost to an average UCLA team early in the season when Crompton couldn't throw the ball in the ocean, but if played now, would be much different.

I understand your frustration DD, your team has very little hope of getting better while the Vols are clearly on the up and up from the Foolmer days. Would probably be a good idea for ND to explore getting in a football conference, because they are the #2 independent team in the country behind Navy.

Like I said, I could care less about your opinion on Notre Dame. I know we suck right now... Oh well, but I do remember when an unranked ND a couple years back went into your backyard and beat the almighty SEC team that was ranked fifth in the nation. So yeah, we do suck, but at least I don't glam on to other teams for their victories over opponents. That's ridiculous.