Albany Great Danes

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

shbtopdog

Forum Member
Sep 9, 2006
Will have major problems scoring the ball today.
I'm here just outside of Albany and believe me nobody thought they'd be here.
This team was down by 10 late against maine (11-19) in the opening round of their conference tourney and won at the buzzer by 1.
To their credit they bounced back and beat a pretty good Stony Brook team and went on the road as a 7 pt dog and took it to Vermont.
But if you look at those wins they averaged 54.5 pts a game, and they don't really play to slow the pace down. They do get after it well defensively, but they will have no answer for plumlee and Kelly on the boards. One and done every time down the court.
Abany has a couple nice wins @Wash, Vermont, and @ Fairfield , however they lost by 22 against OSU on a neutral court, and that seems to me to be a fair comparison even though it was early in the season.
Albany has a had a nice season and I don't know how long they can keep coach Brown around for but today they they are happy to just be here. If Lati or Black dont hit their 1st couple 3's duke will be off and running.
Coach K will not let his boys forget about losing just 1 year ago as a 2 seed in the opening round and I think they may not take their foot off the gas once this thing starts to get ugly.
Duke-11 1st half rout
Duke - whatever for the game (hoping my Local shades line towards UA) I expect he'll get hit hard with their action.
Good Luck

STOP & POP

Bad Putter
Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
San Antonio, TX
Will have major problems scoring the ball today.
I'm here just outside of Albany and believe me nobody thought they'd be here.
This team was down by 10 late against maine (11-19) in the opening round of their conference tourney and won at the buzzer by 1.
To their credit they bounced back and beat a pretty good Stony Brook team and went on the road as a 7 pt dog and took it to Vermont.
But if you look at those wins they averaged 54.5 pts a game, and they don't really play to slow the pace down. They do get after it well defensively, but they will have no answer for plumlee and Kelly on the boards. One and done every time down the court.
Abany has a couple nice wins @Wash, Vermont, and @ Fairfield , however they lost by 22 against OSU on a neutral court, and that seems to me to be a fair comparison even though it was early in the season.
Albany has a had a nice season and I don't know how long they can keep coach Brown around for but today they they are happy to just be here. If Lati or Black dont hit their 1st couple 3's duke will be off and running.
Coach K will not let his boys forget about losing just 1 year ago as a 2 seed in the opening round and I think they may not take their foot off the gas once this thing starts to get ugly.
Duke-11 1st half rout
Duke - whatever for the game (hoping my Local shades line towards UA) I expect he'll get hit hard with their action.
Good Luck

I think your right on the money.

Good Luck :0074

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg