Alice (Walton) in Wonderland

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Trench

Turn it up
Forum Member
Mar 8, 2008
Mad City, WI
298000_263004303737273_240984512605919_654002_1910046979_n.jpg

Alice Louise Walton (born October 7, 1949 in Newport, Arkansas) is an American heiress to the Wal-Mart fortune. She is the daughter of Wal-Mart founder Sam Walton and Helen Walton. In September 2011, her estimated net worth was $20.9 billion, making her the tenth richest American. Walton currently lives in Mineral Wells, Texas on the Rocking W Ranch.

Personal Life
Walton has been involved in at least three automobile accidents. In an April 1989 incident, she struck and killed 50-year-old Oleta Hardin. No charges were filed.

In a 1998 incident, she is reported to have hit a gas meter while driving under the influence and told the responding police officer, "I'm Alice Walton, bitch!" She paid a fine and served no jail time.

Walton is divorced, having been married briefly in her 20s.

On October 7, 2011, her 62nd birthday, she was again arrested for driving while intoxicated. Walton's attorney, Dee J. Kelly released a statement that "Ms. Walton was pulled over by a patrolman with the Department of Public Safety for driving 71 mph in an unattended 55 mph construction zone. She was returning home from a birthday dinner with friends at a Fort Worth restaurant. She accepts full responsibility for this unfortunate incident and deeply regrets it."

The life of a "job creator" is clearly not all it's cracked up to be. So please, middle-class Americans, won't you open your hearts and your wallets and give to the "Alice Fund" (aka tax cuts for the wealthy)? :142smilie

ssd

Forum Member
Aug 2, 2000
Ohio
My thoughts?

If you are worth: $21B......
1. Your liquor cabinet at home is probably tits above anything you can find in Mineral Wells, Tx.
2. If you need the social aspect of being at a bar, hire a fricking driver.
3. or, maybe - BUY A BRAIN.

And, my guess? She is not a job creator. She is an inheritor. I do not know and don't want to spend the time looking, but I doubt she has any real capacity at Wal-Mart.

But, your point is made, Trench.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
I dunno. I'd guess that around Mineral Wells, Texas, the comment "I'm Alice Walton, bitch!" is probably a pretty good defense.

:toast:

Duff Miver

Forum Member
Jul 29, 2009
Right behind you
I dunno. I'd guess that around Mineral Wells, Texas, the comment "I'm Alice Walton, bitch!" is probably a pretty good defense.

:toast:

But not very grammatical.

"I'm Alice Walton, THE bitch" would be better.

Doggie, Pro190 and skulnutz will be right along to tell us how poor Alice is being overtaxed, and the cop who arrested her is a money-grubbing worthless slug.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Trench

Turn it up
Forum Member
Mar 8, 2008
Mad City, WI
And, my guess? She is not a job creator. She is an inheritor.
Your point is taken, SSD. 4 of the 11 wealthiest Americans today are Christy Walton ($24.5 Billion), Jim Walton ($21.1 Billion), Alice Walton ($20.9 Billion) and Robson Walton ($20.5 Billion).

So if I understand you correctly, it's your contention then that the Waltons are wealth-takers rather than job creators.

Be careful, that kind of talk will get you labeled a govt-tit-sucking liberal around here. :SIB

ssd

Forum Member
Aug 2, 2000
Ohio
Trench:
I do not know the Walton line or story very well.
Obviously, Sam Walton was a job creator.
I do not know what roles the people you named have in Wal-Mart.
They, no doubt, are fortunate that their father or grandfather was so successful.

I can not concern myself with whether or not someone 'should' receive the inheritance that they do - it is not my place to judge.

One would hope that Sam Walton was as good a father as he was a businessman and that his kids would realize that they have an interest in continuing to help improve society.

My only comments are:
Sam Walton made the money, he paid some % of taxes on the money, he left large inheritances to his family - I imagine that some of that inheritance was taxed as well. I hope that they are productive with that money.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg