All this talk about how much of a lower seed the Warriors would be without Curry....

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
So how much worse would every team be without their top player? Let alone an MVP. :shrug: Cleveland without LeBron, Thunder without Durant? Sure looks like Warriors are still pretty damn good.:0corn

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
...they're beating the Blazers...the team who was projected to be a top 5 lottery team...

The Warriors have ZERO chance of winning the title without Curry

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
...they're beating the Blazers...the team who was projected to be a top 5 lottery team...

How many other teams have a chance without top player? Is the only answer the Spurs?

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
How many other teams have a chance without top player? Is the only answer the Spurs?

Who are the Spurs missing and who are they playing?

The Cavs supporting cast would beat the Blazers in a 7 game series, as would the Spurs. So I'm not really sure what the argument is.

Neither Cavs, Spurs, Warriors, or Thunder will win the title without their #1 or #2 players if they play any of above teams healthy.

margwellus

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2005

TurnDown,

you continue to show your lack of intelligence and logic the more you post. Not sure if the Dubs would win the title without Curry, but they're doing ok thus far (and covering BOTH games in the process). As for your comment about ZERO chance, well clearly that's garbage and not true and your comment about the Cavs beating Portland without their #1 player (i assume that's LeBron), well, let's just say that I think it would be a helluva lot closer than you do. The Blazers have overachieved what the pundits predicted and landed terry Stotts in contention for Coach of The Year honors. Cavs without LeBron, wouldn't beat any of the remaining teams in contention and that's not because of how great LeBRon is, it's because of how "average" the rest of the team is...The Dubs have a team (and why do I feel like I've made this point over and over and over again), a TEAM, where on any given night, someone unexpected will step up and make a difference...aside from the starting five, there's Iggy, Barbosa, Livingston, even Ezeli (like he id last night) and Speights (if lightning strikes). ALL the other teams do not this depth, save perhaps for the Spurs. The most complete TEAM in the playoffs besides the Dubs in my not so humble opinion is the Miami Heat, with quality at every position...Sure the Spurs will contend because of their style of play, Popovich and the cast but they're old and will get worn down and run out of the gym by the Dubs...

As I have said, if the Dubs are healthy, nobody beats them in a 7 game series. as you would say, ZERO CHANCE....

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
TurnDown,

you continue to show your lack of intelligence and logic the more you post. Not sure if the Dubs would win the title without Curry, but they're doing ok thus far (and covering BOTH games in the process). As for your comment about ZERO chance, well clearly that's garbage and not true and your comment about the Cavs beating Portland without their #1 player (i assume that's LeBron), well, let's just say that I think it would be a helluva lot closer than you do. The Blazers have overachieved what the pundits predicted and landed terry Stotts in contention for Coach of The Year honors. Cavs without LeBron, wouldn't beat any of the remaining teams in contention and that's not because of how great LeBRon is, it's because of how "average" the rest of the team is...The Dubs have a team (and why do I feel like I've made this point over and over and over again), a TEAM, where on any given night, someone unexpected will step up and make a difference...aside from the starting five, there's Iggy, Barbosa, Livingston, even Ezeli (like he id last night) and Speights (if lightning strikes). ALL the other teams do not this depth, save perhaps for the Spurs. The most complete TEAM in the playoffs besides the Dubs in my not so humble opinion is the Miami Heat, with quality at every position...Sure the Spurs will contend because of their style of play, Popovich and the cast but they're old and will get worn down and run out of the gym by the Dubs...

As I have said, if the Dubs are healthy, nobody beats them in a 7 game series. as you would say, ZERO CHANCE....

You're a moron if you think the Warriors have any chance to win the title without Curry. Come on dude, you're not THAT big of a homer are you? The Warriors will not even make the finals without Curry...and I don't care if that's at the hands of the Spurs or Thunder. I've said several times that the Cavs HEALTHY wouldn't beat a HEALTHY Warriors team, so I'm not sure what you're really asking for me to say? I've also said that NONE of the top 4 teams left(Warriors, Thunder, Spurs, Cavs) would beat either of each other if ANY of their top 2 players weren't healthy. So again I ask...WTF are you asking of me?

The Warriors have beat up on the worst compiled playoff team in my life time, as well as an overachieving Blazers team with 1 star, 1 decent player, an average center, and a bunch of backups. Lets not act like the Curry-less Warriors just beat the 96 Bulls and the 04 Pistons without Curry. :mj07::mj07::mj07::mj07::mj07::mj07::mj07::mj07::mj07::mj07::mj07::mj07:

We don't need to argue how great LeBron is...pretty sure he showed that last year in the Finals when the Warriors struggled to close them out in 6 games. Without Love/Kyrie :mj07:

Look, I honestly want the Cavs to win it all. But I know they won't beat a healthy Warriors team. I'd be willing to take the Cavs against any other team, you name the price. As far as if they could beat the Warriors without Curry, as much as I'd love to see that so I could take your pockets and clean them dry, I prefer the Warriors to lose healthy. Because after all, we know how strong the Warriors felt about beating the real MVP and 4 bench warmers.

talos

Forum Member
Mar 21, 2009
I agree with all. GS is a TERRIBLE team that through blind luck will likely win at least 2 more rings in the next 3 years

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
I agree with all. GS is a TERRIBLE team that through blind luck will likely win at least 2 more rings in the next 3 years

I'd be willing to take that bet. Especially since Barnes, Bogut, Barbosa, Speights, Livingston, Eizili, Iggy are all gonna be gone most likely.

T

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012
The REAL MVP ? So you're going to tell me Lebron had better years - last year or this year ???
:mj07:

Dude don't ever call someone else a HOMER. Are you blind ? I'll take that as a yes.

Please don't make me post STATS...

Also your CAVS SUCK and will NEVER win a TITLE with the current roster. So what they beat people at home.
Beyond James, Irving and Love the team is SCRUBS.

No fucking way they could get past GS or SA - hell I think the HEAT can beat them.

:0074

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
Also your CAVS SUCK and will NEVER win a TITLE with the current roster. So what they beat people at home.
Beyond James, Irving and Love the team is SCRUBS.

No fucking way they could get past GS or SA - hell I think the HEAT can beat them.

More than welcome to make a wager on the Heat series if the Heat pull it off :0074 Spurs as well, if they can get past the Thunder :0074

I do want to comment on your above statement in red though. So if the rest of the team is "SCRUBS" and the Cavs were without Irving/Love in the finals last year, and won 2 games against the greatest team ever....how is LeBron NOT the best player in the world or real MVP?

Thanks for making my argument for me though :0002

T

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012
More than welcome to make a wager on the Heat series if the Heat pull it off :0074 Spurs as well, if they can get past the Thunder :0074

I do want to comment on your above statement in red though. So if the rest of the team is "SCRUBS" and the Cavs were without Irving/Love in the finals last year, and won 2 games against the greatest team ever....how is LeBron NOT the best player in the world or real MVP?

Thanks for making my argument for me though :0002

2 wins and that makes him the MVP ? Sorry...Lebron has been the best player in the NBA for many years...The honor now goes to Curry. Simple really...Yes this years team broke the BEST EVER RECORD. Curry BROKE THE MOST 3 Pointers EVER...AND YES YOUR TEAM IS FULL OF SCRUBS...LIKE I SAID KEEP DREAMING OF A TITLE IN CLEVELAND - NEVER WITH THIS CURRENT ROSTER. :0074

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
2 wins and that makes him the MVP ? Sorry...Lebron has been the best player in the NBA for many years...The honor now goes to Curry. Simple really...Yes this years team broke the BEST EVER RECORD. Curry BROKE THE MOST 3 Pointers EVER...AND YES YOUR TEAM IS FULL OF SCRUBS...LIKE I SAID KEEP DREAMING OF A TITLE IN CLEVELAND - NEVER WITH THIS CURRENT ROSTER. :0074

:facepalm: Stop it T, you're making me laugh out of control :mj07:

LeBron is the best player in the world. As much as you hate him and would love to think otherwise, it's a simple fact. You're a cake and eat it too kind of guy I've noticed.

Those SCRUBS just broke the Warriors single game record for 3's, most 3's in an entire game playoffs/regular season. Those SCRUBS should just retire :0074

So lets just say we give you that the Cavs players outside of LeBron, Kyrie, and Love are all scrubs....Please explain how LeBron isn't the best player in the world considering what he accomplished SOLO with all those SCRUBS? Against the GREATEST thing since SLICED BREAD. Please explain...I await your answer. Please show us how you won't talk out of both sides of your mouth on this.

ps....while we're talking about "EVER"....

Cavs last year...ONLY TEAM EVER to make the NBA FINALS and win a game without their #2 & #3 scorers from the regular season. How they do that? Must be all them scrubs! Or maybe LeBron is the real MVP :0074

Warriors without Klay + Green? DON'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS :mj07:

T

Registered
Forum Member
Sep 1, 2012
I don't hate Lebron - As a matter of fact I think Lebron has been the best player in the world.
It's just know Curry has unseated him as the MVP and best player in the world...

How about we continue this discussion after the CAVS hit the road.

I have watched JR Smith through his entire career to know he cant compete on a consistent basis.

Lets see what Kyrie does on the road or Love.

I know what to expect from Lebron.

The other scrubs..Thompson, Mozgov who has been BENCHED, Frye a castoff, Jones another, Delavadova the kid wouldn't make another team - Just be honest with yourself.

Compare GS 2nd unit to the Cavs and that's when you realize they are SCRUBS.

One last thing beyond Lebron and Kyrie (who plays little defense). Green and Thompson are both superstars and better than any player on the CAVS.

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
I don't hate Lebron - As a matter of fact I think Lebron has been the best player in the world.
It's just know Curry has unseated him as the MVP and best player in the world...

How about we continue this discussion after the CAVS hit the road.

I have watched JR Smith through his entire career to know he cant compete on a consistent basis.

Lets see what Kyrie does on the road or Love.

I know what to expect from Lebron.

The other scrubs..Thompson, Mozgov who has been BENCHED, Frye a castoff, Jones another, Delavadova the kid wouldn't make another team - Just be honest with yourself.

Compare GS 2nd unit to the Cavs and that's when you realize they are SCRUBS.

One last thing beyond Lebron and Kyrie (who plays little defense). Green and Thompson are both superstars and better than any player on the CAVS.

You are repeatedly making my argument for me LOL

So..

Curry better than LeBron
Thompson better than Kyrie
Green better than Love
Warriors bench better than Cavs bench

LeBron faced that Warriors scenario WITHOUT Kyrie and Love....completely dominated the finals, took the Warriors 6 games(could've been 7 had they not blown the 1st game).

T, you can't have your cake and eat it too lol You're just trying to play both sides of the fence.

margwellus

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2005
Heat look super deep right now without Whiteside :mj07:

Turndown, you continue to prove how little you know about the game of basketball..

Your "LeBron is the best player in the world" song and dance goes nowhere. Not sure what your point is there anyway....There's no argument that LeBron is the best ONE on ONE player in the world. Westbrook is pretty good one and one. Barkley was pretty damn good too. Karl Malone too...Harden is also. BEASTS actually. Every one of 'em...How many rings do they have? Well, Lebron has 2 and those others have ZERO. So, it all depends on what you mean by "the best". Do you think LeBron would trade an MVP trophy for a championship ring? Every day of the year he would...make no mistake about that. LeBron has two rings, played in the NBA finals for what will be 6 straight years....and while he has 2 rings he also has lost 4 finals..he was actually "better" in 2007 when he carried the Cavs and lost in 4 straight to the Spurs, but is now "better" as a teammate...So, the fact that LeBron HAD NO CHOICE but to be the guy last year (with a cast of scrubs) and did what he did against the Warriors actually showed several things. How great a one man force he is and how the rest of the parts didn't add up....This year he has all the parts he wants and we'll see how they stack up. Don't think they get a ring, but if they keep shooting 3's like they have (I can't see that happening) then they have a legit shot....Warriors lost to the Blazers tonite who played a great game. Lillard proved he is in the conversation for best point guard in the game (I'd take him over Westbrook in a New York minute) and as a guy who can carry his team (kinda because he has to) he proved he can do that (Terry Stotts coach of the year? More Like D Lillard, BEAST of the YEAR). The "argument" about people like Stef not being as good as LeBRon or whoever leaves a lot out of the conversation, mostly what happens on the defensive end. You think the Blazers are doing the same things defensively when Livingston is out there as they are when Stef is. STef makes his teammates better because he draws so much attention and help defense that it opens up the floor for movement and open looks. Lillard's teammates don't often come through they way they did tonite (shooting about 60% from distance). If OKC has ONE guy step up the other night in a way that Portland did tonite (aminu, are you kidding me?) then they'd be up 2-1 on the Spurs...Blazers and OKC are basically two trick ponies with an occasional flash of brilliance out of nowhere (Aminu). Don't see Portland or OKC being consistent or deep enough to get more than 1 or two wins in a 7 game series... I don't know if there are such things as GOOD losses but this was a GOOD loss for the Dubs. Don't think the Blazers come back with a performance like they did tonite and think this just pokes the bear a bit in the Dubs corner. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Dubs bounce back and win by double digits the next two games and close this series out....with or without Stef....Also wouldn't be surprised to see the Spurs win the next two as well.... Cavs will have a cakewalk to the finals (no Whiteside, means everything changes for the Heat, you can't just look at the one player - it effects everything they do and how they run their offense (not to mention his defensive presence) on the floor (see the Stef Curry statement above). Raptors aren't the same team without Valenciunas either and n either has any shot against the Cavs, especially without their big...Still, I think the Heat win game 4 and go back to Toronto tied in a race to see who can put Humpty Dumpty back together again the fastest. But it won't matter. The Cavs are destined to punch their ticket to the NBA finals once again...Looking forward to June TurnDown..Can't wait for that NBA finals rematch....and the best player in the world can lay claim to having lost 5 NBA finals....

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
Turndown, you continue to prove how little you know about the game of basketball..

(no Whiteside, means everything changes for the Heat, you can't just look at the one player - it effects everything they do and how they run their offense.

And this my friend, is why the Cavs couldn't beat the Warriors last year. The Warriors didn't have to worry about the interior of Cleveland. Now Cleveland has Frye/Love who both can stretch the floor and open up the lane for LeBron to get whatever they want at the rim.

Unfortunately, blind ass fans like you ignore this and only acknowledge it when it goes to strengthen your own argument.

LeBron is the best player in the world. Just stop trying to tell yourself otherwise. No player in the world can do what he does, nor control a game like he does.

You take ANY player in the world, put him in the same scenario the Cavs were in last year...and not only do they get SWEPT in the finals...they don't even MAKE the finals. ANY player...even your beloved Curry. Curry without Green and Thompson who you've argued are better than Love or Kyrie would maybe be a 6 seed at best, and likely bounced in the 1st round in 5 games lol

So please, stop trying to convince yourself anyone else is better.

Great, he lost 4 titles. The spurs series nobody even expected Cleveland to make it. He went nuts against the Pistons and single handedly destroyed, killed, and ended that dynasty BTW.

ClevelandSteamers

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 15, 2015
xstopps, don't pick and choose which 1 on 1 players you prefer to list. I think the following were about as good as they get 1on1 and won some titles...just like LeBron....Kobe, MJ, Pierce, Isiah...but of course, why would we name them?

Bet on MyBookie