Alvarez-Gomez; 9/17/2011; Staples Center

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Yea, it's a ways off, but I could not control myself. HUGE numbers here. Alvarez, the new matinee idol, is like a 12-1 chalk. You can get 7 or 8 to 1 back on Gomez. I took a flyer on the dog here. Alvarez's last fight versus Ryan Rhodes was a farce. Rhodes was a sparring partner in every sense of the word. No challenge whatsoever. Alvarez has been VERY carefully taken by the hand and matched up with very beatable guys. Gomez isn't a world beater by any means, but he may be the first legit challenge to "Canelo". Gomez has been in "real" fights. Real value here in Gomez.

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
I was a bit shocked when I saw that Alvarez was -1200...but then again, I dont see Gomez winning either...hmmm...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Gomez has seen things Alvarez has yet to experience, and Gomez appears determined to school this lad. Not saying that will happen, but at +700, it could.

THE_THONG

Forum Member
May 2, 2008
Victoria's Secret
can't lay -1200 on canelo

gomez actually has homecourt advantage, cuz he's mexican american

but it is canelo's promotion by golden boy, very hard for gomez to win a decision due to california politics

fastfrank

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2010
desert southwest
Well, it may not be worth two cents, but if you saw the face off and read what Gomez said, I'd say he is as serious as a heart attack regarding his intentions to go to work on the "rock" star Alvarez. Or to put it another way, Gomez is one hungry junk yard dog. If it's true Gomez cannot win by decision, then we know, as does he, what needs to be done.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg