Amin vs Gover

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
This is my only big bet this week.

I am betting Amin Large at -170.

I don't think there is much between them on a talent level but the fight is in Finland.

Amin is chinny but Gover is not a big puncher, although he has a good dig to the body.

Amin by bigger, harder puncher!!!

Good luck all :toast:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
Good to be on the same side my man!

I am LARGE on Asikainen today

I would be very surprised if Gevor wins this

First big fight in Finland in years, and they are gonna make it real tough for the foreign fighter

as stated, Gevor doesn't crack hard and is coming off a terrible KO himself (Abraham a few fights back)

I am also MEDIUM on the chick fight in Germany today going OVER 9.5

Ragosina vs. Achieng

They fought a few months ago to a 10 rnd decision

I really like betting the overs when the women scrap....the rounds are only 2 minutes and fly by

Ragosina should win another decision

but most of my money is on Asikainen

good luck weepaul Cheers bro ! :toast:

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
"Asikainen has the advantage of fighting in his home country of Finland but since the EBU title is on the line neutral judges have been installed across the board."

:shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
Good to be on the same side my man!

I am LARGE on Asikainen today

I would be very surprised if Gevor wins this

First big fight in Finland in years, and they are gonna make it real tough for the foreign fighter

as stated, Gevor doesn't crack hard and is coming off a terrible KO himself (Abraham a few fights back)

I am also MEDIUM on the chick fight in Germany today going OVER 9.5

Ragosina vs. Achieng

They fought a few months ago to a 10 rnd decision

I really like betting the overs when the women scrap....the rounds are only 2 minutes and fly by

Ragosina should win another decision

but most of my money is on Asikainen

good luck weepaul Cheers bro ! :toast:

ragoses.jpg

finally someone to take that lil` minx regina halmich`s place....

doesn`t look to shabby for a pugilist....:grins:

/the other broad`s a dead ringer for emile griffith(unfortunately for her).......

Last edited:

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
Took the fight to go 9 rds at Bwin, for 50 bucks ( my max there :mj07: ) just for the hell of it, parlayed with Williams straight.:rolleyes:

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
Fuk!!!!!

Gevor wins by TKO in round 7.

Amin's corner throws in the towel after he gets knocked down.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
dang. tough loss. nothing else this week to re-coup it either, that will sting for the weekend.

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
Asikainen must be shot, Gevor isn't a big puncher.

weepaul

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2007
I should have known better than to bet big on this. I have alway's thought Amin was pretty shitty but I thought Gover was just as shitty and the fight would go the distance.

Now Walker better KO that Fat Fuk Arreola who weighed 254.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
If it makes you and Ghost feel better, I fucked up really badly, probably moreso than both of you. On a spontaneous and absolutely stupid whim I placed a massive wager on Amin, and lost about 2 weeks worth of winnings. When placing the bet I only looked at the 'to win' column, it's like I was temporarily hyponotized by dollar signs. AFTER placing the bets I started reading previews about the fight and threads at European boxing forums, and the consesus was that this was a near toss-up. I had just put a massive wager on the favourite in a toss-up fight I knew little about.

By the time I asked myself 'What the fuck did I just do?!?!?!', the line was off the board. This is among the top 3, maybe #1, stupidest gambling plays I've ever made.

I absolutely need Travis Walker to win. That's equivalent to begging God to intervene... I'm fucked. If Travis Walker wins and I can somehow contact him, I will donate a percentage of my winnings to a charity of his choice. No joke.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
SON OF A BIATCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just got home from the relatives expecting to check the boards and see some celebrating going on here...

Now this....more problems....

sorry to any who followed...I was strong on this play, particularly with it being in Finland...

damn Asikainen must have shit for a chin....

worst part about it is my women's OVER hit easily....would have been a wonderful comeback weekend...

Sorry NJ, hope my play didn't influence you to throw more down bro...I'm sucking it up big time right now...

Didn't know many playing Gevor on this one...I'm very surprised...

Well looks like its FREIGHT TRAIN TRAVIS WALKER TIME !!!!! Come on Arreola, you fat bastard, pay for your gluttony....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

nj

Forum Member
Nov 11, 2007
No need to apologize Ghost, I didnt mean to infer any blame onto you guys. The influence of you and weepaul on a weekly basis has been extremely beneficial to myself and the forum. Every betting forum I went to was on Amin, however fan forums, and some credible non-betting posters and boxing minds, thought it was even. I know of smart bettors who chose to make no play at all, but none who played Gevor.

To add salt to the wound, Evan picked Gevor. The 1 time he picks correctly, it goes against us. Ugh.

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
No need to apologize Ghost, I didnt mean to infer any blame onto you guys. The influence of you and weepaul on a weekly basis has been extremely beneficial to myself and the forum. Every betting forum I went to was on Amin, however fan forums, and some credible non-betting posters and boxing minds, thought it was even. I know of smart bettors who chose to make no play at all, but none who played Gevor.

To add salt to the wound, Evan picked Gevor. The 1 time he picks correctly, it goes against us. Ugh.

we will turn this back around soon, brother

keep the faith....might start as early as tomorrow night if the Freight Train can pull it off...Arreola's fat ass just made this a much more winnable fight for Travis...

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
Sorry to hear from your bad hits, guys.

I know the feeling as i have been down this road myself before; you start winning big and you think you can bet every week with success.

Not so.:(

I learned the hard way it's better to pass when in doubt, or your hard work will be voided by sudden impulses.

Never bet on fighters you havn't seen enough, and never rely on other's people opinions on forums, as the bookies too know how to read...

The posts i read sometimes makes me wonder from which planet the guy comes from...

Last edited:

Ghost Kid

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 23, 2008
good stuff crow

def agree with you....the hardest thing for me to realize (especially when things are going well) is that you can't win them all

I've said it before, but it is worth repeating...repeating particularly for my thick skull

Sometimes the best bets are the ones you don't make

When you have doubt, PASS

on the flipside...When you are 100% positive...
LOAD UP!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg