ANJAC'S COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS 9/18

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

anjac

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2004
VANDY/OLE MISS - this should be a low scoring affair with VANDERBILT getting the cover
KANSAS/NORTHWESTERN- This affair is too close to call,but the over will be as good as gold.They both can score and do it quickly.
MISSOURI/BALL STATE-MISSOURI with the double threat of BRAD SMITH at QB could likely run roughshod over the CARDINALS. MISSOURI has had 2 straight 30+ PPG seasons. It may be more this season, plus they won at BALL STATE 37-7 last year.
NO. ILLINOIS/IOWA STATE-The HUSKIES were snubbed for a bowl bid last year with a double digit winning season(10-2) and returns all starters but 2 on offense and all but 6 on defense. Last years game went to NO. ILLINOIS 24-16 at home, but they play well on the road beating ALABAMA 19-16 last year at BAMA, then after that tough one had KANSAS STATE the next week. They lost 23-20 to MARYLAND 2 weeks ago just adding fuel to the fire.IOWA STATE ranked in the bottom 9 nationally in points scored and allowed, and everybody is coming back.
OHIO STATE/N.C. STATE-The wolfpack's loss of P. Rivers at QB and two other all-ACC players will have its effect in this game. Last year the BUCKEYES won in Columbus, Ohio 44-38 . The WOLFPACK will rely on the ground game, but will be stung by OHIO STATE through the air. This is more of a no contest than a close contest, although OHIO STATE does not usually run up the score, they may in this one. OSU wins easily.
WISCONSIN/ARIZONA-Although many expect this to be a close contest, I do not. The WILCATS yielded 35.8 PPG in 2003, with a national ranking of 108th in total defense and total offense. MIKE STOOPS the d-coordinator at Oklahoma is now the head coach, but with what he has to work with it will take more than the first year, but he is "GOOD". WISCONSIN is not a powerhouse by any standards and have a tough schedule as always. The BADGERS smell an easy prey here and do the job.
LSU/AUBURN-This one is really too close to call, but I feel that the TIGERS will prevail. Why? Because they got a good scare from OREGON STATE, winning only 22-21 the first week of the season. They came out the following week and won 53-3 against a paltry ARKANSAS STATE team that is lucky if they can find the field by game time. Nevertheless the TIGERS played well. Everyone is back this season, and now that their heads are not swelled I believe they will start to play as everyone expected them to play at the season's start.For AUBURN, Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown will carry the brunt of the offense, and they are both quite capable. They lose the bulk of a great front seven, and that will be the difference in this close affair.
GEORGIA TECH/NORTH CAROLINA-The YELLOWJACKETS beat a decent CLEMSON team last week on the road 28-24. This weeks opponent is not that tough and the Jackets come in as an 8' point favorite. N.C. yielded more than 30 points in all but one game last year and lost at GA. TECH 41-24 in a game that wasn't even as close as the score suggests. QB Durant is an impressive player but they will need a few more impressive players to hold up to TECH, and they do not have them. GA. TECH wins easily.
SOUTH FLORIDA/SOUTH CAROLINA-This game is an easy win for LOU HOLTZ as he has 15 returning starters which include senior Dondrial Pinkins at QB. Lou and his boys need an easy game after that mistake prone affair with GEORGIA last week, losing 20-16. They will come out like gangbusters in this one and the -13 0r so spread is not even close.

anjac

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2004
To my limited knowledge I do not think he is on the questionable list. I will do some checking.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg