Anti longhorn rant

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

mjones

Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Houston, TX
Kinda sad to see pooooooooor sips crying about there typical delusional greatness. Their season is crumbling before their very eyes. Just two weeks ago they were claiming Ash for heisman. Is there a coach in America who has done less with more?Every Year texas gets top tier recruits but the only thing mack wins is the Mr. February award. It is so great to see their arrogance get grounded with reality. Ash now has broken wrist non throwing hand and everyone in Austin is calling for Diaz job. Just funny to watch meltdown. Especially from those that can't get over a&m moving to sec and still bash a&m in public forums every chance they get. it is truly sad to see sips in such sorrow but in the football gods tainted minds sips and aggies will play in cotton bowl this year mark it.

sdf

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2002
we're not all like that. just a handful of them out there but i guess they are more vocal post more and are more annoying than us realists who expected better this season.

It's time for Mack to go. he did good here. But things have been on the decline since Colt got hurt against Alabama and Garrett Gilbert turned out to be a serious dud. Mack had 2 years to right the ship after things went south. This was the year of improvement and next year to make some BCS noise but things havent improved.

I'm not sure what happened with the defense. I dont think anyone does but Diaz is definitely getting a lot of heat this year....

on the flip side...playing over in their games has been $$$$$

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

layinwood

Forum Member
Aug 29, 2001
Dallas, TX
Things are definitely changing in Longhorn land. I would say that in the past it would be hard to fire Brown because of his success on the field but his recruiting hasn't slowed down.

This year is looking different. In the past 5-8 years at this point they would be in the top 3 of recruiting committs. I'm not sure if they're taking a different approach but theye're outside the top 10 in Rivals rankings. I think they might just be waiting because they've been signing their full class before their senior year even starts. We all know at that stage in life kids are changing big time.

But, what if their strategy hasn't changed but they're not getting those recruits. If that's happening then I wouldn't wait if I was UT. Losing on the field hurts but once you start losing your recruiting base things can get ugly.

LonghornMM

Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
Deer Park, TX
I?ve been a big, big Mack Brown supporter/fan, but it?s time for a change. He?s had three years to turn things around and he?s not getting the job done. He?s replaced all of the assistants and the common denominator is him. If he won?t resign on his own or agree to be moved into the athletic office to hopefully take over when DeLoss Dodds retires as AD, which will be very soon, he should be fired after the season is over.

At his press conference yesterday, he was stubborn and acted like not much was wrong. This kind of performance is totally unacceptable at The University of Texas. Mack has done wonderful things for Texas football, but he?s not bigger than the program. He?s a place holder while he?s the head FB coach, as is any person. His time is up. He?s 61 years old. Darrell Royal retired when he was in his early 50?s and didn?t stay too long. I don?t want Mack to be another Bobby Bowden or Joe Paterno, both who stayed way too long and had to be run off. He should retire on his own with dignity without having to be forcefully removed, but he doesn?t get it. :facepalm:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg