Any "Goldbugs" out there yet??

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
Wow!

It's been about 2 months since my last visit here and things are simply terrific in the precious metals arena right now.
No big move in POG but $$$$$$$$keeps rollin in. Continue to hold NEM, GLG, DROOY.........
May really get legs soon!........hope so

bear

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
Not too many movers and shakers here at the old Forum eh?
Well,
I also like the Fuel Cell stocks! FCEL, PLUG, etc.
Not only is this technology in its infancy but mid-east crisis should advance the concept, the research, and the stock prices of market leaders. JMHO

My BEST BET of the year has been DROOY......( a very nice 3 bagger) and IF pog goes to 350 it may just double again.

Worst idea..............Banks.......gonna short summa the bigger ones. Lotta bad loans (both biz and real estate out there)
and I for 1 do not believe the talking heads about this recovery or that we are out of recession. :shrug:

GL
bear

selkirk

Forum Member
Jul 16, 1999
Canada
hello bear

hello bear

Bear this stock forum goes quiet and then you see a few posts in a couple of days. I am not a gold bug and do not believe it is a good long term investment.

However starting in 2001 and this year have been investing in the sector in small amounts. People were just to bearish on the sector. Gold is at $300 the question is can it go on a run, to $320 and $350. If it can there are many gold companies especially juniors like Kinross, TVX that will have nice runs. If gold stays at $300 or $305 most of these companies will fall back as they will not be profitable at these prices.

use to own Franco Nevada, now part of Newmont mining, looking at Barrick will do covered calls on the position though just to hedge my risk.

Bear I do not think banks are cheap but would not short them in this climate, I think stocks like Citicorp will hold up quite well. There was never any techical recession in Canada and the US and so in my eyes there was none. The economy is in better shape than most people realize, positive GDP numbers and the consumer is still spending.

I agree with you on fuel cells that these stocks may go on a run, they usually do well when oil goes on a run, and if oil hits $30 they should have a nice pop. If they do really well would look at shorting some of the names, only a few of these companies will survive and the technology in most cases is still years off. feel more comfrotable in some oil/gas companies trading at 4X-5X cashflow.

thanks
selkirk

Dugan

Forum Member
Aug 27, 2001
Ocean County, New Jersey
Bear,
I have to disagree with you on the topic of banks. You can not lump all in to one general statement. Here is one I hold over 2200 shares of. Making lots of money research it and you will see, Here it is OCFC .
Good Luck,
Dugan:) :) :)

Dugan

Forum Member
Aug 27, 2001
Ocean County, New Jersey
OCFC is going to split 3 for 2 and is at 32.996 per share. Just a quick update. Another good bank is Hudson City Savings. Anyway good luck. Dugan.:cool: :cool: :cool: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Bet on MyBookie