Any thoughts on Memphis/UK?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SC Capper

Forum Member
Sep 28, 2003
Anyone have any thoughts on the Memphis-Kentucky showdown? Leaning UK+2.5, but I can be talked out of it (which means I should pass, but my addiction will not allow it!:nono: )

Thanks and GL to all today!

The Memphis Tigers and the Kentucky Wildcats will both be gunning for a victory on Wednesday when they meet at Lahaina Civic Center.

Oddsmakers currently have the Tigers listed as 2?-point favorites versus the Wildcats, while the game's total has not yet been posted.

The Tigers were eliminated in the semifinals 92-85 Tuesday by the No. 19 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at the Maui Invitational. Memphis was listed as a 1.5-point favorite entering the game, while the combined score went OVER the posted total of 163.

Chris Douglas-Roberts went 8-for-12 from the field and sank a game-high 26 points in the loss.

The Wildcats were defeated 73-68 Tuesday in the semifinals of the Maui Invitational by the No. 5 UCLA Bruins. Kentucky was listed as a 4-point underdog, while the combined score made it OVER the posted total of 140.

Joe Crawford had 16 points in the loss for Kentucky and made good on 6-of-12 from the floor.

Team records:
Memphis: 2-1 SU, 1-1 ATS
Kentucky: 3-1 SU, 0-1-2 ATS

Memphis most recently:
When playing on Wednesday are 7-3
Before playing Arkansas State are 1-3
After a loss are 7-3

Kentucky most recently:
When playing on Wednesday are 8-2
Before playing College of Charleston are 1-0
After playing UCLA are 4-0
After a loss are 6-4

A few trends to consider:
Memphis is 22-3 SU in its last 25 games
Kentucky is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games

Next up:
Memphis home to Arkansas State, Wednesday, November 29
Kentucky home to College of Charleston, Tuesday, November 28

Last edited:

RollTide72

June 8, 2013
Forum Member
Apr 4, 2002
Greenfield, IN
www.facebook.com
Both teams will be tired as this is their 3rd game in 3 days. I would imagine that the Tigers are still shellshocked from giving up 62 points in the 2nd half yesterday to Georgia Tech, not to mention blowing a 16 point halftime lead. They were also very sloppy in their opening round win against Oklahoma (23 fouls and 18 turnovers). They had 37 fouls and 13 turnovers against the Yellow Jackets as well. Their free throw shooting is HORRIBLE (36 of 68 for 53%).

Kentucky was sloppy towards the end of their game with DePaul. They could have easily won by 12-14 points by were lucky to win by 6. Ball handling which is normally not a problem for UK has been so far this season (55 turnovers so far this season... 17 yesterday). UK is 57 of 76 from the FT line (75%) as well. Kentucky had to play catch-up all afternoon against UCLA trailing by 17 at one point before finally losing to the Bruins by 5.

While both teams have never met before, Tiger coach John Calipari is 1-4 against UK.

If this game comes down to the wire (as the line suggests), my money would be on the Wildcats.

Just one man's opinoin. GL!

sportsopinions

Forum Member
Oct 7, 2006
What scares me about both teams is that Kentucky is basically a one man show with Morris and the rest of the team is unproven.

However, if Memphis could hit a free throw and not commit a foul ever three seconds they will be tough to beat. They are well balanced but have played stupid through the last two games.

I think last nights game for Memphis was a wake up call that they need to play smart and not have an attitude of thinking they can go out and beat anyone on talent alone.

I like Memphis winning this game by double figures to be honest because Memphis guards will give Kentuckys fits all game long.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Nashvegas808

Forum Member
Oct 3, 2006
For what its worth, and I am a little biased, I like UK here with the points. UCLA gave them a wake up call by steamrolling them in first part of game yesterday. Take that away, they probably win. Tubby will be on them hard and have ready to play "D". I also like that Calipari is 1-4 against UK. In the end, UK wins by 6.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg