Anyone else think Bears need to go to Grossman NOW.

1/2 Point Loser

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2004
NYC
I've only seen flashes of Grossman but when healthy I liked what I saw I think he can be a solid pro QB. Listen you need to put him in next week so when the playoffs come he will have shaken off the rust and maybe be more comfortable. This is a better alternative than what will happen if they play Orton the rest of the year and start him in the first playoff game, because I guarantee yes I said guarantee Grossman will be starting the 2nd half of that game. You put him in now, because if you dont he will be rusty in that playoff game and will be just as ineffective as Orton.

Sorry about the rant just bored here at work and all I do is think sports.

FirstnGoal

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2004
It certainly couldn't hurt at this point!

I'll bet the Bears would Love to have their decision back regarding QB Brad Johnson...they could have had him during the offseason but refused to offer him anything more than a 1 year contract...he wound up signing a 2 year deal with their Division Rival the Vikings. :banghead:

c20916

Slacker
Forum Member
Aug 19, 2000
St. Charles, IL
Being a bears fan I am equally frustrated by Orton's 70-80 yards passing a game, but I am not so sure Rex is the answer. He's played in a total of 6 NFL games, that's 3 less than Orton.

I just assume you leave orton in there and let him get better, heck he can't get any worse right? The only way I see you taking orton out is if he has a lot of TO, or the game is out of reach. otherwise leave him in there to manage the game as he's been doing.

Having said that, I think we'll see Rex at some point in the game next week.

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
grossman hasnt played a down of football in the reg season in 15 months and has only 6 games of nfl exp

he has more "potential" than orton but would be seeing many things from defenses for the first time......he "may" give the bears a better chance on offense but his lack of experience really bothers me.....putting him in the position of "win the division and get us the #2 seed" might be asking much.

bryanz

Forum Member
Aug 8, 2001
Syracuse ny, usa
Look at the box score from yesterdays game, It will tell you what I saw . Orton is the future, He passed for more yards than the other guy and had 10 competions for first downs and 0 int's. The Bears lost because they could not stop the screen,could not stop the run and they could not run. The kid played a great game and this is his first year. He is the type of Qb that I love because, He won't lose the game for you but the rest of the team has to be very strong because he won't win it for you either.

1/2 Point Loser

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2004
NYC
bryanz said:
Look at the box score from yesterdays game, It will tell you what I saw . Orton is the future, He passed for more yards than the other guy and had 10 competions for first downs and 0 int's. The Bears lost because they could not stop the screen,could not stop the run and they could not run. The kid played a great game and this is his first year. He is the type of Qb that I love because, He won't lose the game for you but the rest of the team has to be very strong because he won't win it for you either.

That being said I love Grossmans arm and his guts and I think he is the exact opposite he can win the game for you but at the same time lose the game for you alla Favre (no I am not comparing his talent to Favres not even close) and the bears are going to run into a situation late in the 4th quarter in the playoffs when they are going to need a TD and I think Grossman is the better canidate to get that for you. Granted Orton wont throw the pick but you will end up with Turn over on downs witch is just as worse.

greed

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2002
It won't matter which one plays. Lovie plays just like Dungy when he had the Buccaneers. Marty when he was with the Browns, Chiefs, and now Chargers. Sherman with the Packers. All these coaches play not to lose. Field position games are fine when your playing during the regular season but in the playoffs that style will get you beat.

IntenseOperator

DeweyOxburger
Forum Member
Sep 16, 2003
Chicago
Give Orton all the snaps with the 1st stringers.

Have Grossman start the game. The 1st hit he takes will knock him out.

Put Orton in as planned and continue with the season while bypassing all the qb bulllshit.

For all the 1st year faults Orton has (and I scream at the tv every week), the one thing he can DEFINITELY do that Grossman has never (college also) and will never be able to do is take a hit.

Nobody seems to realize that tight end hasn't been all that nor has Moose.

Bet on MyBookie