Anyone Ever Got Food Poisoning?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Chopsticks

Fish Head
Forum Member
Feb 15, 2002
Arlington, TX (But a Missourian at heart)
Man, I've been spewing out both ends for the past day and half. My stomach tightens up like a vice and I haven't been able to eat or drink anything since Saturday night. I am physically exhausted. I think I had eaten some bad fish Saturday and woke up around 3 am Sunday morning blowing nothing but liquid and bile. And of course the squirts too...
vomit-smiley-014.gif

Needless to say, I'm calling in sick to work...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Chopsticks said:
Man, I've been spewing out both ends for the past day and half. My stomach tightens up like a vice and I haven't been able to eat or drink anything since Saturday night. I am physically exhausted. I think I had eaten some bad fish Saturday and woke up around 3 am Sunday morning blowing nothing but liquid and bile. And of course the squirts too...
vomit-smiley-014.gif

Needless to say, I'm calling in sick to work...
Last Thursday something from Subway Sandwiches did me in the same way. It really was only for that night though. Sun Tzu is right - if it keeps up, see the doc! (...not mr. freeze of course).

GM

PleasureGlutton
Forum Member
Jan 21, 2000
Toronto, ON, Canada
Yes I've had it, KFC was the culprit in my case. Wasn't pleasant. I just remember my arms and legs aching like someone was using a powerdrill on me. That plus non-stop shits. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. Hope you're doing better soon.

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
GM said:
I just remember my arms and legs aching like someone was using a powerdrill on me. That plus non-stop shits.

Ditto, from a Miami Subs in Fort Lauderdale. Then about a month later there was an article about another nearby, but different, Miami Subs being shut down because inspectors found a couple dozen dead rats in the dry pantry where they stored food. I literally get sick whenever I even drive by one these days.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

worm44

Forum Member
Nov 20, 2002
When I was in the service we ate out of Tins--food designed for Rangers in the field-and we were in Somalia when a "cool" day was 100 degrees-anyway the cans were bulging and we didn't notice and are whole unit got a bad case-and one enlisted man almost died from it---I felt better getting shot than I did when I got that botulism

Another Steve

Put Pete In
Forum Member
Jul 7, 2002
Benbrook
As a Local Consumer, I for one would like to know where the Fish came from?

I had it too and it was also KFC. I haven't returned, have you GM?

Chopsticks

Fish Head
Forum Member
Feb 15, 2002
Arlington, TX (But a Missourian at heart)
The fish was from McDonalds. I had taken the kids to McDonalds after our soccer game on Saturday. That's the only thing that could've done it, b/c I had made some spaghetti that night for dinner for us and the kids didn't get sick, so I kinda ruled that out and they had chicken nuggets for lunch and both of them were fine.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

GM

PleasureGlutton
Forum Member
Jan 21, 2000
Toronto, ON, Canada
Steve -

I've returned many times to KFC, but not to that particular location (Islington Ave. south of Bloor St., for anyone who might be in the Toronto area). After getting sick I heard of quite a few other people who worked at a bowling alley in the area and frequented the same KFC also getting sick.

I've learned to never touch undercooked chicken again.