Anyone have a Turkey Fryer? Looking to get one.

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Subagoto

Forum Member
Jun 11, 2001
Virginia
none
I am looking to get a big outdoor 30 to 40 qt. Turkey Fryer. Can anyone give me info on a good brand name, (if there is such a thing) or a good place they would recommend getting one. I have been looking around online, but don't really know how to tell between good and bad.

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
have one in fl,they are great,picked mine up at sears for a good price.meat comes out great. i like to use it when i am down there in the winter for a few weeks,its fun and fast.you can do a few things in it.

Subagoto

Forum Member
Jun 11, 2001
Virginia
none
They all seem to be about the same, and I found one online at walmart. Headed there this afternoon I think. Should I get a second pot for doing seafood boils and stuff like that (anything w/o oil) do you think? Or is using the same one for everything ok?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
better off to get the 2nd.it works better that way. you will like this its great to use when its 30-40 in the winter time durning football.its your own little tail gate get up about 6 get everything readypop open a cold one(i can't anymore)but at one point it was fun,have a few catch abuzz,cook for 2.5-3 hours make a cheese dip in the crock pot with sausage some chopped up hot peppers with a good portion of tabasco and 1 large onion,and gook on low in crock pot you can add1/4 cup of salsa if you like,velveta cheese works the best its soft and melts at a low temp. now your ready to go a nice buzz great football food and a brisk cool day of football.
chef fletch
biggrin.gif

Subagoto

Forum Member
Jun 11, 2001
Virginia
none
Have to jot that down. That sounds pretty good to me, and plenty of time left to put my plays in for the day. Maybe a bit early for drinking for me. My cooking is predominantly outside. Pretty much all my wife lets me do.
biggrin.gif

Big Daddy

Forum Member
Apr 30, 2000
Wisconsin
I am also looking to buy one of those fryers. I have heard from one of my friends that uses them that it only takes about 3 minutes per pound to do a turkey. I see one of our local discount stores has them on sale for around $59.00. I assume this does not include the gas tank, but other than that, does that sound about right for the rest of the setup? Do they use the same type of LP tank that you use on a gas grille? I'm hoping to get one next week.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
you can get them in different sizes,just depends how much you are going to cook size wise. your tank from the grill should fit.
these are really fun women hate them but its great for the guy.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Subagoto

Forum Member
Jun 11, 2001
Virginia
none
I just picked one up at K-Mart. On sale for $84 with all the accessories. (Some sort of Martha Stewart combo surprisingly) The burner is big, and mine came with a 26 qt. pot, as well as 2 other smaller ones. You can buy larger pots separately, and the burner can easily handle much bigger sizes. The larger pots can be expensive. I have seen those 30-40 qt ones go for $99 per. Mine came with a thermometer, injector, hooks and handles to lift it out, cook book, etc. It hooks right into any normal propane tank like on gas grills. Check out your local K-Mart or Wal-Mart.

ctownguy

Life is Good
Forum Member
Jul 27, 2000
SoCal
Hey Chef Fletch, let me know what Sun I can come over and I'll be there. What a great way to watch football.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
ctown we will have you over for a weekend durning football just let me know we can also get nick d to come and anyone else around and have a fun weekend.