Anyone have any insight on the ASU/Stan game and that line?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Marra

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2002
Chicago, Tempe
This is all I need to know -

Last March they played at Stanford. The line was -10.
Its now 8.5.

How can they think ASU is only 1.5 points better than last year? If its not that, how can they think Stanford is that much better than last year? This is a completely different team with Harden and Abbott on the Sun Devils.

I have not followed Stanford hoops much, but all I know is that Lopez kid is good and blocks everything...but they got bounced first round last year in the tourney (I picked them to go sweet 16). Pendergraph isnt going to have a good game tonight...but ASU can play some "D" as well.

I know ASU is young and hasn't won too much on the road, but they passed their first test winning at Cal - Which should give them confidence going into tonight, right?

Thoughts? 8.5? Seriously?

Toledo Prophet

Forum Member
Oct 5, 2005
Toledo, Ohio
That line is a head scratcher......i had not even noticed it until I saw your thread.....ASU is playing excellent ball right now.....hard to imagine them getting blown out tonight.

We have more than 3 hours to debate this one, so hopefully somebody with some insight can contribute.

Right now, I gotta think I'll be taking the Devils as a late Doggie.

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
OVER

Stanford has a big edge in the front court, and Arizona State has a big edge at the guards. With each team's strengths matching each team's weakness, I suspect points will come easier than expected by many and simply see two teams that don't score a whole lot.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DIXIE DYNAMO

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2008
Arizona State off of a double overtime win at California. Hard to get back to back road wins - especially off of a gut-wrenching marathon game like that. Other than their last game Arizona State has been blown out in all their road games.

Destructor D

Destructor
Forum Member
Dec 6, 2005
Kansas City, MO
I bought Arizona State to +9. Have to agree this line seems high, but I'll take the bait. Stanford didn't impress me against Arizona and probably should have lost.

Destructor D

Destructor
Forum Member
Dec 6, 2005
Kansas City, MO
Nice job ASU... You f*cking bastards! Sun Devils were up 10 at half and I thought about the middle, but figured ASU would win this game SU. However, it appears they won't even cover the number now.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
Add in horrible shooting, and a missed 3 with five seconds left, to keep the game under 121.5 as it lands on 120.

DIXIE DYNAMO

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2008
Winner winner. Arizona State ran out of gas just like I expected off that of their double overtime win Thursday Night.

Arizona State off of a double overtime win at California. Hard to get back to back road wins - especially off of a gut-wrenching marathon game like that. Other than their last game Arizona State has been blown out in all their road games.