Anyone watching Baghdad ER on HBO

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

neverteaseit

I'd pound it
Forum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Sunny Florida and Naptown
There is a scene were the px is hit by a mortar attack. That was are second day in baghdad. I was at the px when the attack occured total carnage everywhere. Actually suprised it is in this documentary. Ironically not one person had a vest on when the attack occured. it was not required since we were so well inside the wire. But in iraq no place is safe not even the px.

kcwolf

Forum Member
Aug 1, 2000
Iowa City
I watched it NT, but more interested in hearing what you have to say about it.

Saw the director interview a couple of days ago, and he said the troops that saw the film were pleased.

The director also mentioned he cut 90% of the gory stuff, said the general public would not be able to take it.

I appreciate all you did there and my prayers will always be with all who serve.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

neverteaseit

I'd pound it
Forum Member
Feb 13, 2001
Well all I can say is that no-one knows what its like unless ur there. I hear the comparisons of Vietnam all the time but I think they are both 2 tragic events in our history. Cannot really say if they are the same or not. I doubt they are but some similarities are. I can only imagine what nam was like. But like they showed in a portion of the video u do drive around all day to try and flush out the insurgents. Like u r waiting to get hit or as we like to say i.e.d bait. I took 3 i.d.e. hits while there and walked away without a scratch. very fortunate.

I did see some progress in realtions etc. while there, but the one constant was the mortar, rpg and i.e.d. attacks. it is relentless at times.

ya u only got a glimpse of how much blood a person can loose in a matter of minutes thats for sure. i have many accounts of events that occured while there. some beyond belief. I also lost 8 soldiers i knew for only a brief time while there, wasn't very close to them but had talked or worked with all of them . all 8 in a 7 day period. that was a hard one to swallow for all in our unit.

i am an older individual, i can deal with alot. but what some of these young kids go thru is unreal. I was the platoon sgt for 20 soldiers i helped train before we left for iraq. all were young and all were infantry. 1 was 22 the rest between 18 and 20. 10 were fresh out of a.i.t. when we got to kuwait all 20 went to different companies. but all 20 came home. and all 20 thanked me when i saw them when we got home for the training and discipline i taught them before we left.

i was awarded a combat action badge and a bronze star with valor and several other awards while in iraq. but the 20 soldiers thanking me was the greatest reward i have ever been given in life. that i will never forget.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
Saw this show the other day for the first time. Was glued to the screen the whole time. Is it a series or one time deal?

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
I liked the guy who nearly lost his eye, but his only concern was how quickly he could get back to his unit. Had no sense of humor whatsoever at the suggestion of going home.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

neverteaseit

I'd pound it
Forum Member
Feb 13, 2001
dont know ar i asked some here on post and none had seen it. i like the fact that it really shows how instant things happen. those medics are a great bunch of guys and their job is one of the most demanding for sure.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
nt..

i can't remember where i read it....

i, myself don't watch any medical shows...it gets me too depressed...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

neverteaseit

I'd pound it
Forum Member
Feb 13, 2001
it would be worth that watch ar, very well done imo.

i wish we could load some of these senators and congressman up in a hummers who have no family members in iraq and have them drive down m.r.s. tampa, red sox or route irish, these are the most deadliest roads in the world. but of course thats wishful thinking.

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
neverteaseit said:
i wish we could load some of these senators and congressman up in a hummers who have no family members in iraq and have them drive down m.r.s. tampa, red sox or route irish, these are the most deadliest roads in the world. but of course thats wishful thinking.
They could use Arnold's Humvee!