ARMY minus 9..opinions

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

cooz3

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
boston
I almost sh**t when i saw this line earlier in the week at minus 7...now its risen at some books to 8.5 and even 9...i realize Ark State isnt that good and sometimes thye just fold..Midd Tenn State comes to mind...Further I know Army is playing much better and are looking to roll into that game with Navy Dec 3...but laying 9 pionts...?????

as a a"gainst the public bettor "bettor mostly i thought for sure the odds makers were setting this up for people to take Army..however every site i check has Army as a big % play...I DONT GET IT....looking for some opinions here...

thanks

cooz

Blackman

Winghead
Forum Member
Aug 31, 2003
New Jersey
I think because it's an out of conference game for Ark State, and since they won last week they are right in the thick of things for the Sun Belt championship. A win next weekend might get it for them, and this game has no barring on those standings.

Essentially it's a meaningless game to them considering how big next weekend will be. Also Ark State is winless on the road.

I might be way off but that's my understanding of the situation, haven't looked into this one myself so I might have gotten bad info.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IE

Administrator
Forum Admin
Forum Member
Mar 15, 1999
Sting of defeat gone
Army riding high on wins

West Point ? Army quarterback Zac Dahman wakes up every Sunday morning with an assortment of bumps and bruises.
But getting out of bed these days is much easier. There's nothing like the healing power of a few victories.
"Everything feels better," Dahman said. "Everything in life seems rosier and you have a little more pep in your step. You have more confidence."
There's a lot of that going around Michie Stadium. Army has won three in a row for the first time since 1996 and ? get this ? is a seven-point favorite over visiting Arkansas State (5-4) today. Kickoff is set for noon.

Army has been favored only three times since 2002. But this is proving to be a better team than recent editions. Army's run began on Oct. 22 with a 20-0 win at Akron.

The Black Knights followed that up with a 27-24 win at Air Force ? their first in Colorado Springs, Colo., since 1977. Army beat Division I-AA power Massachusetts 34-27 last week at Michie.
The UMass win was the sloppiest of the three. Army threw an interception, lost a fumble that was returned for a touchdown and had a punt blocked that UMass returned to the end zone. Army allowed 57 yards in giving up 27 points.
"After the game, my initial reaction was 'wow,' " Ross said. "We can't play giveaway like that. We have to be very careful there."
Army (3-6) is two wins from achieving a goal set after the Akron win ? "running the table." The Black Knights take on Navy on Dec. 3 in Philadelphia with a chance to win their first Commander in Chief's Trophy since 1996.
Arkansas State also has something to play for today. The Indians can become bowl-eligible for the first time since 1995 with a win. Arkansas State will make a trip to the New Orleans Bowl ? to be held in Lafayette, La., on Dec. 20 ? with a victory over North Texas next week and a loss by Louisiana Monroe in one of its last two games.
"I just want to keep this up," Dahman said. "I would rather wake up hardly being able to get out of bed with a win, rather than a loss feeling fine. I would take that any day."

cooz3

Forum Member
Mar 2, 2002
boston
no Blackman ..that sounds right...i think with that win over Troy st last week..it sets up as you said...

i just dont know that means they simply dont show up today...i look at this game..and I honestly think its a winnable game for them...the line just looks way to high..

but you may be right...as i said earlier they tend to fold sometimes..and the above scenario may be a reason that if they get down by a few scores they simply pack it in...?

but the 9 looks very tempting
good luck
cooz

thanks IE

Blackman

Winghead
Forum Member
Aug 31, 2003
New Jersey
Not a game I'm going to play, too many variables, but I agree Army laying 9 is kinda crazy.

Ark State is bad but this isn't Buffalo we are talking about either.

Good luck Cooz

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg