Astros - Am I missing something?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Skins

Post review
Jun 4, 2003
How come no ne here is on the Stros? Pettite vs Mitre??? C'Mon... Astros had the best hom erecord in baseball last year and they have a great pitcher going against a bunch of rookies.

Someone pls tell me what I am missing? Run Line ML...I think this is going to be an A$$ whoopin tonight.

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
the astros didn't push a single run across the plate with their bats last night. they were beyond pathetic before the all-star break last year as well. how soon people forget how anemic that offense was in april, may, and june last year. not sure if this year will be much different.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Davoso

Forum Member
Apr 11, 2002
Chicago
Gman2 is right on but I bit anyway. Had the 'Stros last night (moneyline) and had to sweat it out. Saw Mitre get knocked around enough last year to make me want to take a chance on the run line tonight but need some Astros offense!

Skins

Post review
Jun 4, 2003
Im thinking this guy gets roughed up for 5 or 6 runs.

You mentioned no runs last night but Willis was a Cy youn candidate last year!

I was even thinking over but who knows how dominant petite will be?? I know nothing of his spring. does anyone else?

I read somewhere that the florida kid got roughed up last year and it continued in spring training. If he gets behind early it could turn ugly.

fattymanboobs

Steammmmmm
Forum Member
The way the Astros struggled to score runs early in the season last year, and their lineup doesn't look much better this year. While Mitre is an unknown/hittable commodity and Pettite is always good, do you trust that team enough to lay that kind of juice early in the year, no matter how bad FLA may end up being this year? Mitre not really pitching in a pressure situation, and he does have a power arm. Anything can happen, I don' t advocate the RL either, b/c this great Astro Offense would only get 8 guaranteed cracks at the Fish Staff. gl either way!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Punter5

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2006
I bit the dust hard on this one. Pettite gives up 15 hits? I'm guessing that is the most of his career. Unreal.....

Sun Tzu

Forum Member
Nov 10, 2003
Houston, Texas
There is no value betting on Houston. The offense is as bad as ever. You could get great pitching and it may not matter. Laying chalk is bad to me on just about anybody - absolutely crazy with the Astros.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
forget that fact that pettitte gave up 10 earned runs.
the salient point is the zero that houston still has in their own run column. that was the reason to stay away from houston tonight. zero runs batted in through 14 innings this season.

Skins

Post review
Jun 4, 2003
This is why Im not Clem D living the life!!!

I ended up just playing the over so I made out okay...the Astros suck as advertised...too bad they are my favorite team for some f&cking reason!

JT

Degenerate
Forum Member
Mar 28, 2000
Ventura, Ca.
Sure glad I didn't take 'Stros on the runline. Long season and the Fish will lose plenty by the time it is done. I think Willingham will contibute with the bat and Heredia will be decent (very good long term). Cabrera is a stud but beyond that there isn't much although they didn't lose anything at SS because Gonzalez was not very good.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg