Athletes doing the right thing (for a change)

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

GM

PleasureGlutton
Forum Member
Jan 21, 2000
Toronto, ON, Canada
Both these guys took out full-page ads in the New Orleans Times-Picayune recently. Smart moves....

drewbreesad.jpg

reggiebushad.jpg

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BestPlay2day

Forum Member
Dec 1, 2005
Minnesota
Class act by both athletes! Corey Koskie did something similar when he left the Twins taking out a 1/2 page ad in the Minnepolis Star Tribune thanking the fans and the Twins organization for their kindness.

Blazer

ontherocks
Forum Member
Jan 4, 2003
Nashville
www.madjacksports.com
LA saints in two years.

I can hear it now "we love the City and the people but we can't get enought corporate support". Nawlans wasn't exactly a major market to start, would you rebuild your business in the delta?

This is pure propaganda.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

homedog

I'm trite!
Forum Member
Jan 5, 2002
I seriously doubt either of them did this on their own.

What is more disturbing is who wrote the Brees' add :scared Even if it was him, it seems like someone would have proofed the damn thing.

IntenseOperator

DeweyOxburger
Forum Member
Sep 16, 2003
Chicago
wanted to bring this back up.......

Atlanta Falcons running back Warrick Dunn, emotionally distraught over the effect of Hurricane Katrina on his native Louisiana, issued an appeal late Thursday afternoon to all NFL players to contribute to hurricane relief efforts.

In an interview from the Falcons' team bus on their way to play the Dolphins tonight, Dunn told SI.com: "I'm challenging guys on every NFL team, except the Saints, to donate at least $5,000 to help people come back from this catastrophe. If we get players to do that, that would amount to $260,000 per team. I have heard from so many players both on my team and around the league who just want to do something. Well, this is the best thing that we can do and it's something we should do."

If Dunn is successful in getting 53 players on the 31 NFL teams to respond with the $5,000 donation, NFL players would be able to give $8.2 million to the relief effort.

Dunn is from Baton Rouge, La. He said he still does not know if his grandfather, who lived in New Orleans, "is dead, alive, at the Superdome, or on a bus somewhere." He also said his grandmother is housing 40 extended family members in one house in Baton Rouge.

The reigning NFL Man of the Year said he thinks players have a moral obligation to help the people of the Gulf Coast. "If guys don't donate," Dunn said, "they're being selfish.

"We're such a great country and it's at times like this a great country has to come together. We're looking at people on TV who have no money, no homes, no job and no idea what they're going to do with their lives. Now is when they need us most. We just have to respond and we have to respond."

Dunn will be working with the Arthur Blank family charitable foundation to organize his effort. He said whatever money is collected will be pooled and he hoped the NFL player representatives would vote on exactly what agencies would get the money. He said he already had commitments from Falcons teammates of at least the $260,000 team goal.

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
I've dealt with Brees on a professional level on more than one occassion, and I can say he is the single-biggest asshole I've ever come across in the world of sports. And I've dealt with many of them.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

maverick2112

Forum Member
Jan 16, 2001
Wyoming
I think milions and millions of dollars had a little to do with it........Just some PR work done by the Saints........