ATL/SEA

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

devilfan02

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2004
Tempe, AZ
ATL Pick

Atlanta looked solid this past Monday and I like them this coming weekend. Seattle got pasted at Jac, but you never know what to expect with them.
However, :cursin: Seattle has lost 8 straight pointspread decisions at home and was 4-1- overall last year when favored (which they are on some books). :cursin:

Also, Alexander did not look good against Jac defense as they held him to 73 yards rushing and no TD's. Atlantas D is much better than the Jags and should limit Alexander from having a big game. If Brooking, Kerney, Hall and the rest of the ATL D can put pressure on Hasselbeck, they could force MANY turnovers. Plus, Seattles recievers (beside Jackson, who will be shutdown by Hall) are not reliable.

Couple this with Vick and the ATL defense on turf, I like ATL to roll :clap:

kenman

Forum Member
Aug 17, 2002
East Coast
Be careful with this game, ATL coming of a MNF game (short week) and travel about 2000 miles to SEA. Not sure ATL are prepared for this game. BOL

NEPhilly

Forum Member
Sep 11, 2005
Out Side Philly,PA
Seattle is -3 after a horrible game in Jville and Atl is coming off an emtional win against a team they hate and having to travel across country with 6 days to play the Hawks is a tuff task for any team. I don't like the game.

Reason.
Did Atl beat the Eagles or did the Eagles beat themselves.
As far as there Defense, its real good, but as for Vick and company they must get up early. If not, there in for long day.
Because, Alexander ran the ball14 times on Sunday, your not going to win many games with a guy like that not touching the ball enough. Mon proved that if Atl gets a head earlier that Def is tuff.
I think Alexander is the key to game. IF he carrys the ball more than 25 I like there chances.
Again I don't know what team is going show up the one that played Jax or the one that played Philly

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Padre

Forum Member
Mar 11, 2000
San Diego CA
Just a short comment on the travel factor.

I have never really factored this in for a team from the east travelling west, b/c the west coast games are also played at 1:00 local time which is later than what they would have played at east coast time, when i consider it is when a west coast team goes east and plays earlier than their body is used to. :rolleyes:

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
Padre

That travel logic makes sense.

One of the big reasons Atl was able to pull the win out over the Eagles was Trotter was ejected. He is the Eagles defensive QB.

I think Atlanta stops Seahawks running game in its track. Also some bad blood between these two teams. Atl should win this.

KOD

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

devilfan02

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2004
Tempe, AZ
Also, Ray Rhodes (Seattle DC) will not be calling the game because of an illness. I realize this game might be a trap but ATL just seems to be the winner here. The last thing Seattle needs is their defensive coordinator to be out with Vick comin into town. :mj14:

devilfan02

Forum Member
Sep 30, 2004
Tempe, AZ
GAME OF THE WEEK:
Atlanta Over 41.5
Atlanta Pick

Yes, Atlanta is coming off a huge win over Philly on Monday night, traveling all the way out west to face a Seattle team coming off a disappointing loss at Jacksonville. If there was ever a game that spelled trouble from a traveling spot, letdown spot and bounce back spot, this game is it. But, the situations clearly favor Atlanta this week. Seattle didn’t play that poorly from a yards per play perspective last week, gaining 5.6yppl, including 5.1ypr while allowing 5.5yppl but they were burned consistently through the air, allowing 6.9yps. Atlanta’s passing game isn’t their strength and they only averaged 4.4yps last week while averaging 5.0ypr last week. But, against a soft Seattle defense, I expect Vick to be able to create some things, Atlanta to be able to run the ball and that should set up some passing success against a below average secondary. The Atlanta defense played well last week, allowing just 3.6ypr, 5.3yps and 4.9yppl. Atlanta allowed a median of 28 points in four road games last year against better than average offenses. I used median because they allowed KC 56 points, which skews the averages. They faced four below average defenses and averaged about 18 points per game. Seattle faced four above average defenses and averaged about 21 points per game while facing four above average offenses and allowing about 34 points per game. That would suggest a final of about 27-24 in favor of Atlanta. Atlanta qualifies in a 163-100-8 fundamental rushing situation and their ability to rush for 200 yards, allow just 51 yards rushing and now facing a Seattle team that allowed 119 yards rushing, while gaining just 97 themselves doesn’t bode well for Seattle. The Seahawks also qualify in a negative early season situation, which is 69-28-5 and plays against them here. Again, that situation does a great job of exposing which teams to play against early in the season. I don’t quite understand the low total here. Seattle is good for their 20+ points per game, especially at home and Atlanta, with the solid rushing game, Vick’s ability to make plays and keep drives going and eventually hit some passes downfield should allow both teams to score 20+ points in this game. As a matter of fact, Seattle has scored at least 20 points in 18 of their past 19 home games. These two combined for 54 points last year with Seattle escaping with a two point win. That was a game Seattle badly needed and Atlanta rested their players for most of the game. ATLANTA 30 SEATTLE 24

NEPhilly

Forum Member
Sep 11, 2005
Out Side Philly,PA
Did Atl beat the Eagles or did the Eagles beat themselves?
I think we have the answer today. McNabb throws 5tds against a shitty team but no worse than Seattle.
Vick is fraud and by that I mean he is one dementional. He can't beat you with his arm and today showed if they fall behind early and Alexander carrys 25, the Seadawgs will be tuff.
And if he keeps running like that he will not be playing 16 games in this league.

Seattle is avgerage team and Atl DE kept them in this game, Atl D is for real and they will win alot of games because of them. I think the game was a push and thats why I did't think is was worth a play

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg