Attention: Minnesota Twins

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Chadman

Realist
Forum Member
Apr 2, 2000
SW Missouri
Please make a trade soon to acquire Cliff Lee. Feel free to use our young stud catcher not named Joe Mauer to make it happen, and allow your loyal fans to enjoy Lee for almost half a season and hopefully key our entry into the playoffs.

Thanks in advance.

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
Please make a trade soon to acquire Cliff Lee. Feel free to use our young stud catcher not named Joe Mauer to make it happen, and allow your loyal fans to enjoy Lee for almost half a season and hopefully key our entry into the playoffs.

Thanks in advance.

What else are you going to give up?

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
Everything I've read seems to say Ramos and MAYBE a lower level pitching prospect, or some other marginal prospect. Ramos would obviously be the big piece in the deal. The M's aren't getting Montero, and Lee is only going to be a rent-a-player, so I think I would be fine with that deal.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
Everything I've read seems to say Ramos and MAYBE a lower level pitching prospect, or some other marginal prospect. Ramos would obviously be the big piece in the deal. The M's aren't getting Montero, and Lee is only going to be a rent-a-player, so I think I would be fine with that deal.

They need to get more than that for Lee from the Twins or we keep him and get the draft picks. No way for just Ramos and a marginal prospect.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
They need to get more than that for Lee from the Twins or we keep him and get the draft picks. No way for just Ramos and a marginal prospect.

Meh. I'm not a fan of the draft pick route. That scares me because draft picks can be busts quite easily. While it's true Ramos hasn't proven anything yet in the bigs, I would bet anything he won't be a bust in the show.

I agree we should get as much as possible for Lee, but I'm just trying to be realistic. I don't think any team is going to give up a mega-prospect for Lee. Sure, he would help them possibly get a WS this year, but there are no promises after that. I guess you could argue that they could get the draft picks if they lose him, but again, I'm not sure how comfortable people are with rolling the dice in the draft.

It will be interesting. And the M's need to quit winning games; they're hurting next year's draft position. :142smilie

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
Meh. I'm not a fan of the draft pick route. That scares me because draft picks can be busts quite easily. While it's true Ramos hasn't proven anything yet in the bigs, I would bet anything he won't be a bust in the show.

I agree we should get as much as possible for Lee, but I'm just trying to be realistic. I don't think any team is going to give up a mega-prospect for Lee. Sure, he would help them possibly get a WS this year, but there are no promises after that. I guess you could argue that they could get the draft picks if they lose him, but again, I'm not sure how comfortable people are with rolling the dice in the draft.

It will be interesting. And the M's need to quit winning games; they're hurting next year's draft position. :142smilie

A team will give up a top prospect for Lee. Just have to wait it out. The next draft is going to be deep. No way we give Lee away. I'd rather keep him. He is cheap and tied to two draft picks.

I still remember the weekend that we could have gotten Strasburg. Fucking M's swept the A's.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Glenn Quagmire

Forum Member
Nov 15, 2005
A team will give up a top prospect for Lee. Just have to wait it out. The next draft is going to be deep. No way we give Lee away. I'd rather keep him. He is cheap and tied to two draft picks.

I still remember the weekend that we could have gotten Strasburg. Fucking M's swept the A's.

Yeah, that A's sweep was brutal. And those games are the PERFECT example as to why there are times when it's ok to tank games, IMO. I'm not saying you don't try, but feel free to run out all the AAA guys that were just called up to fill out the 40-man. Those three meaningless wins did nothing positive for us except give the Hydro race-watching, Eddie Bauer wearing crowd something to cheer about at the game. Just like the M's to win when it doesn't matter, isn't it?

As for trading Lee, I would argue the longer we wait the more it will hurt us. If it gets close to the trade deadline and we still haven't traded Cliff, our leverage will pretty much be gone. Everyone and their mother knows we are trying to unload the guy, so if Jack is feverishly pounding the phones on July 30th the other teams will be less inclined to give us a good deal. I'd rather see it done within the next 2 weeks, if possible.