attention wgh

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Collins

Forum Member
May 8, 2002
Shepherdsville KY
what's up pattern

what's up pattern

still playing daily, some good some bad, but will give this one a shot.

10th ELLIS 6:35 edt (x2 W-P-S)

#7 BLOODY LIZ 12/1- find NO reason for anything but winning effort today for 3rd off rest with new and much better trainer. Has field full of junk, weak, cheap, ugly speed to run down and Ellis will allow today. Will be placed mid pack and has fastest final fraction, gained on turn in traffic last out and comes from stronger race.

Patternseeker

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2001
wgh

wgh

hey man, thanks for the response.

i'm thinking about writing posts dealing with mistakes. since i'm pretty much of a dam expert on that topic.

here's the first chapter:

NUMBER ONE

if you are NOT recording the plays you make, the kind of plays and the amount of money you play (backdrop being what kind of a system you are using, or angle) ---- you are a gambler, not a horse player

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Patternseeker

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2001
Lesson 2

Lesson 2

don't take other people's plays. inside information from someone who mucks the stall about the how the horse looked will win sometimes. sometimes. but not enough to keep you from going broke. it's mainly bullchit. it's ego: "i've got special knowlege about horses, let me pass it on." it's beantownjimish, a lot of times.

take your own plays. if u know the skill of the guy doing the handicapping that's another thing. but most people don't. they by the tout sheet.

(this is from my perspective, anyway.)

Patternseeker

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2001
IF you are going to follow a tout,

check out their record. if they can't produce a record, chances are they're a loser making a living off you buying their picks.

of course, this is the same with other sports, but other sports are easier to track, and have a better history and easier way of recording stats. three places win money on the ponies, let alone exotics. horseplayer touts will often give three picks, every race. and there's no set method on how you figure out what they bet and why. a show horse hits, they are claiming it as a winner, at 2.20.

what motivates someone to sell picks?

they've figured out how to be independently wealthy, how to live gambling, but they'd just like to give you an opportunity, and if you act today we'll include next week's picks. . .

thoughts from a loser,
pattern

Dogfish

Forum Member
Jan 14, 2002
p.s. dont be so hard on yourself. maybe 1 out of 1000 can profit at this game ,big juice many betting options,seems to be afull time 12 hour aday job stay positive ,enjoy the game! later my friend

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Patternseeker

Forum Member
Oct 15, 2001
hey dog fish

hey dog fish

good to hear from a recognized name.

(even a gambler wouldn't take 1 in a 1000)

best of luck and all my respect,

seeker

ferdville

Forum Member
Dec 24, 1999
So Cal
Agree with Patternseeker Rule #2 - lots of experience here. Several years ago had a business where I got to know most of the jocks and trainers on the SoCal circuit. Horrible source for horses - guy that books in the jockey room richest guy at the track. Had contacts with 2 clockers that proved good at times, but overall, still no go. Had part ownership in a few and found the trainer was the best source for horses he DIDN"T like. All the inside info was non-profitable other than knowing when they didn't like a horse. The negative turned in to a positive.