Attn: All Landlords

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Hootie

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2013
I am about to go through the eviction process to remove this dead beat who is royaly screwing me and my family over by not paying rent not answering calls etc. Besides the eviction process can you give me any advice in dealing with this ass clown or creative ways to persuade him to pay me. I was going to put his info on nopaytenants(if youve used this let me know how it work'd) but not sure what the leagal impact would be.

Can you please share wiith me any leagal advice or experience's you've had with in dealing with a low life free loader.

Thanks.
:toast:

PAChicky

Bee
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2013
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
When we had a renter who stiffed us we used to do a sheriff sale but they always claimed they didn't "own" any of their stuff so there was nothing the sheriff could take as payment. That was a waste of money. So now we do a lien at the courthouse. It's way less expensive to file and there is a better chance of getting your money - eventually. It took me 7 years to get paid from one of my deadbeat tenants but at least I got it. He tried to apply for a mortgage and because of the lien he had to get that paid before his bank would proceed. Good luck!

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
Have you already served the Pay or Quit notice? If not, do it now. This process is spelled out differently by each state. Hopefully, you are only out one months rent.

Do you have a key to the place? You have the right to inspect the property. Leave him a message to that affect. Maybe change the locks on the fuck if he isn't there when you show up to your abandoned property.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

kellyindallas

Forum Member
Apr 28, 2006
I am about to go through the eviction process to remove this dead beat who is royaly screwing me and my family over by not paying rent not answering calls etc. Besides the eviction process can you give me any advice in dealing with this ass clown or creative ways to persuade him to pay me. I was going to put his info on nopaytenants(if youve used this let me know how it work'd) but not sure what the leagal impact would be.

Can you please share wiith me any leagal advice or experience's you've had with in dealing with a low life free loader.

Thanks.
:toast:

The laws of the state where the property is located govern. It is very important you do everything right and by the book. And, no, there is really nothing else you should do, other than try and get a better tenant next time. It's one unfortunate consequence of being a landlord. Also, make sure you have the proper insurance on the home in case they ever get nasty when they leave and decide to do some damage.

PAChicky

Bee
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2013
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Also- we always use a realtor to select our tenants. They have to pass a credit check, reference check, job reference check, and fill out an application. It costs us about $300 bucks but at least we get good tenants. This deadbeat I had was my grandmothers poor judgment. It was the ONE time she didn't want to use the realtor. She took his word that he was a good guy and he put on quite a show and one month into it he was the tenant form hell. The tenants I have now in my three houses have been there 20+ yrs, 14 yrs, and 7 years. I know a lot of people in town who have rentals and they have horrible turnovers with their places.

Cie

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 30, 2003
New Orleans
I had a tenant who stopped paying and acted like cocky prick about it when I stopped by to discuss. Then the central AC stopped functioning. I promise that I didn't hire my AC tech to mess with the condenser....lol He called asking about the AC, and I told him I would fix it with the rent money for August. He was out by the end of the month.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg