Auburn/Miss. St

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

martycox

Forum Member
Sep 16, 2002
Columbus, MS
Just wanted to my cents worth in here about this game.

I am a student at Miss. State and I have alot of friends that play football. They were worried that last week the would get beat by Jacksonville State. So you know that they are even more worried about Auburn coming to town. Yes, State does have a decent QB, but that is all. The RB gained over 75 lbs this summer and in not in shape at all. He is in one of my classes. I know. There is no fire in this team. They are not motivated and very undisciplined. Sherrill has never had control over any of the teams and this one is no different. I look for Auburn to come here and show the country that they are for real. IMO they have the best running back in the SEC (Cadillac). The rumor around campus is that he just might rush for 200 yards tonight. If Jack. State rushed for 130, just imagine what a top notch RB will do to this State team. Please don't read into the home field advantage thing too much. There is a new rule in the SEC this year and they can't take their cowbells into the stadium. The Dean of the students e-mailed everyone and told them not to and the the refs had already warned State that they will be enforcing the new rule.
They went to Oregon and got beat by a great Oregon team. They got a week off and then beat a team that most high schools around the country could beat. They didn't pull away until the second half.
I look for the game to start out slow, but Auburn should win by at least 7.
The weather today is Partly Cloudy with a 10% chance of rain. Don't think it will though. Temps should be around 85-90 for kick off.
Also, everybody is saying that Auburn had a tough time with Vandy. Just FYI, it was storming its a$$ off Saturday, due to that Tropical depression. And Cadillac still rushed for 170 yds.
Should be a blow out, but I will not say that. But Auburn will cover the -2'.

Bluemound Freak

WAR EAGLE!
Forum Member
Oct 9, 2001
North Alabama
That shows a whole bunch of class! I applaud you for the comments on AU! It takes a huge man to admit when the better team is not his own! I on the other hand don't look for a blow out.......only a nice dime cover! Martycox.......good write up!

Blue

martycox

Forum Member
Sep 16, 2002
Columbus, MS
Well, I really don't like State. I just go to school there because the Air Force is paying for it and my wife works at the base in Columbus. But I do keep up with football and I know what I am talking about. My professors and I talk about the games and one of them told me personally that they had a dime on Auburn. So, go figure.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

FED

Forum Member
Jun 25, 2002
raleigh, NC
auburn is 10-0 in road games where they are the fav

auburn is 7-3 on grass

miss st is 3-7 on grass

topspinner

Forum Member
Jul 19, 1999
nc
Fed, I am not sure where you are getting your data from, but it is incorrect. But I am showing that Auburn as a road fave is 6-6 over the last six years and auburn is 10-11 on grass last two years and miss st 12-10, all my figures are against the spread. Furthermore Miss st as a home dog is 4-1 as a home dog the last four years.

I am leaning towards the bulldogs right now, but only thing that scares me, is that I expect it to be a very tight game and Auburn has huge kicking advantage with Duval. I expect Fant to be able to pass on Auburn as no one could stop him at the end of last year and he has his top recievers back. Furthermore, Auburn allowed over 300 yards to Usc in their first game. Also slight lean to the over, as I think Auburn will be able to run and Miss St will be able to pass.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

NJO

Forum Member
Apr 24, 2001
Milwaukee, WI
yeah, I'm sure a professor told a student that "he had a dime on Auburn."

come on, spare us the BS. :nono:

martycox

Forum Member
Sep 16, 2002
Columbus, MS
He is a graduate assistant, teching a financial management class. And I am not your ordinary student. I am 27 and hang out with the graduate professors. It is not BS.

Scott4USC

Fight On!
Forum Member
Sep 11, 2002
Thanks for your post, I also think AUBURN wins this game. You just made me feel even better about my AU pick. Good Luck and hopefully we both ca$h in tonight.

By the way, USC is ranked #11 in the country, and prob. has the best QB in the nation in Carson Palmer. YES, he is better than Dorsey. USC has the talent to play with Miami, but would we beat Miami, i don't know. We certainly don't have the depth, but we have the starters to play against them. If you want a good bet with GREAT value, bet on Carson Palmer to win the Heismon at 25-1 odds. He should be at 6-1 odds. Can't beat value. Good luck this weekend!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg