BAMA BAMA BAMA!!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

atmswim

Forum Member
Nov 29, 2005
I have been reading a lot this morning about how Texas will cover +4. I am a Big XII fan and really want Texas to win the game but when I look at the two teams I just don't see it happening. The SEC was the best conference this year. I think the Big 10 came out of nowhere in the bowl games to show that it was extremely underrated all year long but that is beside the point. The SEC has solid defenses and offenses. The Big XII has neither. Yes we have Nebraska's defense and Texas's offense but that is it. And Texas scored points on terrible defenses (look at the A&M, tech, kansas, ok state game). And Texas defense is not that good (look at the A&M game). Also, the Big XII offenses are not the same as last year's offenses. Oklahoma didn't have Sam Bradford, Ok State didn't have Byrant, Tech didn't have Crabtree or Harrell and Kansas just sucks and they still scored 20. On the other side look at the SEC they have Florida, Arkansas, LSU and Ole Miss. Any of these teams are better than the majority of Big XII teams.

Also take a look at what Vegas handicappers said courtesy of ESPN:

"Were they on a run to make the bowl or did they lose a lot?" Texas struggled vs Nebraska (a whopping total 202 yds) and A&M; Bama plows UF.
EDGE: Alabama
"You're looking for a team that is thrilled to be there and looking forward to the game." Texas won in '06 and still pines over Young; Bama hasn't won a BCS championship (last NC '92). Also U of A cancelled classes day of game. Oh, and Ingram won the Heisman.
"What you want to do is see how a team stepped up in class" Bama beat 9 bowl teams and Miss St; Horns beat 8 bowl teams and teams weaker than Miss St.
"Emphasize a team's road performance over its home performance." Bama beat VT and UF on neutral site out-of-state, and Auburn. Texas beat weaker teams at neutral sites in-state.
"Consider how the conference is doing in bowls." SEC (of 10 bowl teams): 5-4; B12 (of 8 bowl teams): 4-3
And finally, "Sometimes there is no other way to tell the difference between two teams with identical records," except for strength of schedule.
EDGE: Alabama (12th vs Texas 49th)

My prediction.....BAMA rolls!!!!!