Bama/Vandy local knowledge

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

bdiffy

Forum Member
Jan 7, 2004
the only negative about this line is how low it is.

i've been going to bama games for 15 years and haven't seen us get beat by an inferior team at home in a long time. Vandy does have great talent, but i see this as easy money from a couple of angles:

1) 0-2 against Vandy last year, including almost disastrous loss in SEC tourney, big revenge factor.

2) Bama coming off a must-win vs. UT and faces another tonight. Usually inspired Bama teams play well. We get inspired by little things such as a possible trip to the NCAA bubble, which tonight represents in a huge way. Lose tonight and we are out b/c Vandy will get in ahead of us. TRUST ME, gottfried knows the NCAA Committee's routine and a loss tonight will end any chance.

3) Bama is FINALLY healthy, Shelton scored an impressive 27 on saturday and Davis seems to have returned for now.

4) Finally, what has Vandy done on the road other than play close games? NOTHING!! The obvious trend the past week is home teams in the SEC as 'dogs or favorites (minus Arkansas) and a couple of my pick services have Bama which is unusual (also scary).

By no means am i guaranteeing anything and i don't post often other than to share info about a team i know a lot about.

Good Luck, also playing St. Joe's due to their 54 point victory over Fordham earlier this year.

genosays

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2001
Kansas City
Thanks for the insight and enjoy the game tonight .... just curious as to what kind of crowd's you all have in Bama land (1/2 full, 3/4 full, sellouts or ?) .... especially relating to what you expect for tonight's game??