Bama's Bets for Labor Day Weekend...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
Hello everyone. It is good to be back. I never bet on baseball so it feels good to be back in the game. Warning to all, I blew big dick last year so beware on my picks if you actually factor them in.

YTD: 0-0

Please give me your feedback on these and ask any questions about them also:

UVA -16
Miami (Oh) +10.5
USF +17
Okl St +7.5
Auburn -4
Baylor +10
FSU -16.5
UConn -6
North Texas +32 (my strongest play)

Good luck to everyone this weekend and for the rest of the year. Dirty Doug be safe down on the Plains. :D :D :D

wareagle

World Traveler
Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
MEMPHIS, TN
www.dunavant.com
Good Luck this year, Ward!

I like most of your picks. Watch out for Duke this weekend. They have a much better team than i can ever remember. Also the auburn game will be a close defensive struggle. I would make it your smallest play. I love FSU and N Texas:eek:

Jaycadd

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
Waco, Tx
Bama,

Like some of your picks there.

Live in Waco and know some of the assistant coaches. They are playing this one close to the vest but they look for a win here. May be close, which is all that counts when you are getting 9!

Think that the atmosphere in Lincoln may be too much for the Cowboys. Playing under pressures of winning, which they haven't had to do in about 20 years. Wouldn't play that one unless you want to lay the wood.

OU will blow out the Mean Green in a tune up to the massacre in Tuscaloosa!!!! :thefinger

Good luck!;)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

mjbarley

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 9, 2001
SD, CA
I'll throw in my 2 cents for whatever it's worth.

I'd lean towards N Texas, but this game is a no play for me. I don't think they score in double digits. Granted, they've got a very good defense, and OU will realize how much they miss Q at RB, but I think that OU defense might put up a couple of TDs. If they do, they cover. If not, you'll still be sweating this out to the end. I see something like OU 35-3, which is right around the line.

I'm with you on Mia-OH for reasons I've written up in another post.

=============================
I kinda agree with you on Florida St, but there are other games out there I'd rather play, so it's a no play for me

UNC returns all 5 starting O-Line, but that's not necessarily a good thing. The QB (Durant) is pretty much the only weapon, and he'll be running for his life against a very good Florida St. defense that returns most/all of it's starters. The UNC defense is pretty crappy. The Florida St. O-Line is a question ,but the skill players (Rix & Jones) should be good, and they should be able to run at will. The passing game with Rix will be the question. FSU has a good kicker and good return game, but the punter is a question. UNC special teams is nothing special. FSU 30-7.

=============================

No real opinions on your other games, as I feel the lines are pretty good and games could go either way. Originally, I was leaning towards UAB - 10 against Baylor, but that's just way too many points for a team that isn't great to lay on the road. But there is no way I will back Baylor, unless Morriss proves he's actually turning the program around. The distractions on the Baylor campus must be huge...

good luck.

mj

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
Thank you for all of the opinions.

Wareagle, I am really looking forward to watching that AU-USC game. I think AU wins because of the situation at QB with USC. Everyone talks about USC defense, which is very good. They seem to forget that AU has a great defense also. Hopefully our game will end on time so we can scurry from Legion Field and get somewhere to watch the game.

Are you heading down to plains or are you going to catch it on the tube?

Jay, I just hope we play well and give OU a good game. ;) :D :thefinger

Juu3

Forum Member
Hey Jaycadd,

Your boys squeeked by w/ one last year and now your sooners are coming to ttown and its going to be loud!!!!!
Sorry but this isn't OSU!!!

Hope you come down to watch!
Smiley will break Tommy Harris's neck--

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Chenker

Forum Member
Jul 2, 2001
CA
Bama- a couple of yours look really tough to me-

Virg, FSU, Auburn, and Okie State.....

But since your in the south you might have a better handle on these them me. USC and Nebraska just missed the cut as plays for me...

I still might play the Noles but I would like them a lot more at -14.

Also might play the Mean Green but liked them a lot more when they opened at +35

Phil Steele had a big play on Duke in the Power Sweep:shrug:

good luck to you:D

Bama6895

Roll Tide Roll
Forum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Birmingham, AL
Chenker,

Thanks for the reply about Fresno over on your thread. I will certainly throw down on that one today thanks to your explanation about the QB situation.

As for the Auburn game, I think a lot of people are underestimating Auburn and their defense. Plus I think the QB situation at USC is HUGE. Auburn is a very good team at every position and I think most people only see AU as a team with some running backs.

Good luck today and lets kick some ass.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg