Bark Collar

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

mb

Forum Member
Nov 30, 1999
Florida
Since I've noticed a lot of you here have dogs I wanted to see if anyone had any luck in using a bark collar. Our dog is barking more and more lately and we're not sure what's up. Been to the vet and everything checks out fine. We've had some complaints mostly during the day when we are both at work. We're leaning towards a sonic model as opposed to a shock model.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

The Boys

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 17, 2001
Royal Oak, Michigan, a Detroit Suburb
yea she really liked it:

st510.jpg

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
mb said:
Our dog is barking more and more lately and we're not sure what's up. Been to the vet and everything checks out fine. We've had some complaints mostly during the day when we are both at work. .

The dog is bored shitless.

Take the dog out for walks before you leave for work. Take the dog on runs to a ball field . Get the dog exercise or get rid of it.

Keeping a dog cooped up all day is torture.

You would bark your ass off too kimosabe.

KOD

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
cuddles.jpg

................................................................................

look dog

stay here on a 3 foot chain all day and dont bark you sum bitch

nervousTic

Forum Member
Dec 8, 2005
Speaking of black labs and collars - I bought and used a prong collar on my 4 month old monster and just returned from the easiest, most enjoyable walk around the neighborhood we've ever had. Took her about 2 minutes to figure it out and the rest was a breeze.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

sportsnut13

Forum Member
Jul 24, 2003
Chicago
If you buy a collar buy one that tones and can shock. I have in innotek sd100a at the sight now $339? I think I paid 189 2 years ago so look around. They also have barking collar that are cheaper. This is a training collar and it has tones and shocks olny had to shock my dog once. I could go on and on about training dogs but the bottom line is you command a dog to do anything you must make them do it.If you command a dog to do something and don't follow thru the dog learn that it does not have to obey. A LOT LIKE KIDS AND WIFES. There are not bad dogs only dogs that need to be trained.If you need more help get my email address from jack.
http://www.innotek.com.au/ :mj23: :mj23: :mj23:

mb

Forum Member
Nov 30, 1999
Florida
The dog is a black lab but with a blue collar. We don't keep him confined by leash or chain, the back yard is fenced and is about 50' by 45' and there is a sun room where his food and water are that is attached to the central heating and cooling system that he has access to. He does go for walks in the afternoon, but might look at one in morning as well. His routine has not changed much over the last year and just thought it was strange we would start acting up now. Thanks for the advice.

chuckdman

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2003
TO
i agree with Scott.. the dog is probably bored and doing it for attention. Consider the morning walk, at least he'll get some attention early.

The collars are worthless and could get pricey and doesnt really cure it. Band-aid solution. Does he bark when you're there? With our dog, we taught him how to bark(speak) and therefore taught him not to speak. We did some drills and had someone ring the door bell, he would bark and we would say "good speak". So when he barked for no reason, we would tell him "No speak" Some firm level 10 corrections when we were there and he acted up for no reason but we also found that the dog was a little bored which is why he barked. We now walk him 30 mins in the morning and when we come home for an hr. Lots of work but as long as he's happy and the neighbours aren't complaining, I'm happy.

Best of luck