Baseball scheduling (read if bored)

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Flashlight

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2009
How does baseball schedule their interleague games? I know the Nfl does division vs divsion. Nba
home and home out of conference. Is their any method to it? Do the Yankees and Mets always get to play each other? Just wondering? thanks for any responses and good luck to the bettors.

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
It's all fucked up. Mets vs Yanks every year so Mets at a disadvantage. Twins vs Crew every year. Cubs vs Sox. I think each team has a rival they play home and home with this and then it is on some stupid rotation. Some teams get screwed by this..

kcwolf

Forum Member
Aug 1, 2000
Iowa City
I've never liked interleague bp, just a joke as for being fair. How about St. Louis/Kansas City and many others as you mentioned.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

tig3rs

swing away!
Forum Member
Jan 17, 2007
Chicago
it's 6 games of 162 in those lopsided cases. it's for the fans.
the "stupid rotation" is each year divisions match up, i.e. AL East v NL West, then AL East v NL Central.

how are the mets at a disadvantage? they're both NY teams. they both have huge payrolls, they get to have a DH at yankee stadium, and the yanks Ps have to bat at citi field. come on.

here's my response in short: just win.

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
it's 6 games of 162 in those lopsided cases. it's for the fans.
the "stupid rotation" is each year divisions match up, i.e. AL East v NL West, then AL East v NL Central.

how are the mets at a disadvantage? they're both NY teams. they both have huge payrolls, they get to have a DH at yankee stadium, and the yanks Ps have to bat at citi field. come on.

here's my response in short: just win.

I like interleague play because the Twins usually kick ass and the Twins kick the Brewers ass every year but the Mets are at disadvantage because every year they play the Yankees not all the teams in their division play the Yanks. So that is the disadvantage.. Some team plays a weak team every year for 6 gamees while the Mets are stuck with the Yanks..

tig3rs

swing away!
Forum Member
Jan 17, 2007
Chicago
well the marlins and the braves have to play the mets all the time. the mets have an advantage there. none of that "stuck with the yanks" or "play bad teams" stuff flies with the exception of the royals and the pirates. and even then, they're major leaguers and can win any game.

just win. it's 6 of 162.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg