Bath Fitters

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Do any of you guys have experience with bath or shower liners. I want to do over a small shower. Just the shower. New door. All my old plumbing etc. Bath fitters gave me a price of $4,100! Semms a tad high to me. This is just a shower. Three walls, ceiling and floor. I don't have the exact size but it is a small one person shower. The only way I can avoid the water is if I shut it off and lather up.

Does any one of of any alternatives to Bath Fitter. Not looking to paint it or anything like that. It's all tile now and I thought we could just cover the tiles with the plastic or acrylic walls they use. The walls and everything are solid. So we are just talking the shell or the liner for just the shower not the whole bathroom.

buddy

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Pittsburgh, Pa.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n9nkSeHGoMc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> ok

buddy

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2000
Pittsburgh, Pa.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/woJp5GBJEXA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> ok

The Joker

Registered
Forum Member
Aug 3, 2008
Tennessee
www.madjacksports.com
Do any of you guys have experience with bath or shower liners. I want to do over a small shower. Just the shower. New door. All my old plumbing etc. Bath fitters gave me a price of $4,100! Semms a tad high to me. This is just a shower. Three walls, ceiling and floor. I don't have the exact size but it is a small one person shower. The only way I can avoid the water is if I shut it off and lather up.

Does any one of of any alternatives to Bath Fitter. Not looking to paint it or anything like that. It's all tile now and I thought we could just cover the tiles with the plastic or acrylic walls they use. The walls and everything are solid. So we are just talking the shell or the liner for just the shower not the whole bathroom.

If you pay that much, you're a sucker. I see people on Facebook with very few skills do that shit themselves for pennies on the dollar.

PAChicky

Bee
Forum Member
Feb 7, 2013
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
I got my whole upstairs bathroom gutted and redone including a full tile shower and whole bathroom floor with all new cabinets sink and toilet, and a new window for less than $8k. Go to Lowe's or home depot. Get the white shower board you can cut your self or pay a local reputable handi-man to do it for you.
Downstairs there was already a drain with plumbing installed in my basement with a toilet. My guy put up three of those walls, tapped into the existing plumbing, and put new shut offs in for $800.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Thank you Chicky. I think I will just put a new tile floor in the shower. That is the main problem. Other than the shower is in good shape. Its old but its good.

Bet on MyBookie