bears +3 ???

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

running_wild

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2001
scar
i am very confused and suspicious...
can anyone shed some light on why the bears are not favoured against the falcons?
i know the falcons gave GB a run but this is chicago and there defence is head and shoulders above GB's. vick won't be able to run around w/ urlacher waiting for him...

other games i like this coming week...
jax +4 (they are getting no respect or kc is getting too much)
ten -3.5 (is this b/c of jevon kearse? cause this seems to be low)

thanks...
gl to everyone this weekend

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
right there with you on the Bears. I'm a huge Chicago fan and I love this game.

However:

1. RW McQuarters is out (best DB we have, everyone else is average at BEST)
2. Phillip Daniels is out (best pass rushing lineman we have).

Our D looked as bad vs Minny as we did vs Philly. No pass rush, soft coverage and all day for the QB to figure something out. However I like the speed of out lb's on the turf vs Dunn/Vick and the Atl receiving corp doesn't really scare me.

On the flip side. The Bears offense is vastly under-rated. The continuance of John Shoop to pound the ball hampers this team. It's the run, run run to set up the pass philosiphy. Every defense tries to stop our run, yet we still run. We have great wide-outs who can make big plays down the field
(see Miller to Booker/Terrell/White/Robinson) yet we never implement the pass to open up the running game philosiphy.

On the turf I think we throw for 250-300 easy vs Atl defense and make some big plays. Chicago wins by 10.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

JimO

Forum Member
Jan 22, 2001
Nevada
falcons

falcons

The Atlanta Falcons has been total rejuvinated since Mr. Blank bought the franchise. It would be a mistake to compare them to last year's team.

I have relatives there that tell me you would not believe the difference between this year and past seasons. The entire city is totally pumped up for this game. The georgia dome will be a tough place to play this sunday. It will be loud.

QB Michael Vick looked special vs. the packers last week. Vick and Warrick Dunn can exploit their speed on the turf.

This line is Atl -3 because the Vegas linesmakers know what their doing. When you see a line that looks wrong, there is a solid reason why the line is where it is.

BobbyBlueChip

Trustee
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
Belly of the Beast
This line is the same as it was last year in a October matchup in week 3. Perception of the Falcons and the Bears have both increased since then. The Bears were only a road favorite once last season (Lions), so I don't think the line's funny.

Just a note. The Bears have allowed 9 points combined in their last three games on turf. Give their defense a fast track and they step up to a whole new level.

greed

Forum Member
Sep 3, 2002
Bears over!

Bears over!

I agreed with you until I found out about the injuries to the Chicago Defense. Take the over as Atlanta's defense is terrible. This will be a different game compared to last year as Vick looks alot more relaxed than he did last year. ( It could have been because Gilbert Brown was chasing him) I know it was only one game but in all the years I watched Packer football I have never seen a player with a more impressive performance against the packers. Also last year the Atlanta's running game was non existent. Both Dunn and Duckett looked very good against the Pack. I look for the Falcons to pass on the early downs with Chicago's jumbo linemen in the game. Without Daniels they will have to blitz to get to Vick. I know Chicago has superior linebackers compared to the Green Bay linebackers but they are very weak at the corners. I would pass on the game but take the over.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

JEFF

Forum Member
Dec 30, 2001
Just heard on the radio that Ray Buchanan was suspended today for steroid use.