Bears-Lions

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

pug

Forum Member
Jun 11, 2004
Jaco, Costa Rica
Been seeing many people on the Bears. I think this is the wrong play for the following reasons.

1. Detroit is a much more motivated team with Garcia at the helm. They were not playing hard with Harrington in there as he was disliked by nearly the entire team.
2. This is a revenge game for Detroit as they were smoked by the Bears earlier in the season.
3. In the earlier game, the Bears won by constantly blitzing Harrington and forcing him to make mistakes which led to (I believe) 6 turnovers.
As Garica can scramble and improvise, the blitzing will burn the Bears when Garcia scrambles or goes deep to Roy or Michael Williams.
4. Roy Williams is back and the Bears will not be able to key on Michael Williams.

pug

Forum Member
Jun 11, 2004
Jaco, Costa Rica
5. The Bears are much worse on the road, and Detorit plays much better at home.
6. The Ford Field crowd will be very loud as this is a match up for first place, which will lead to penalties and turnovers by the Bears offense.
7. When you look at the two comparable games the teams have played, at home against Baltimore, and at Cleveland, Detroit's results were much better than Chicago's.

Guys, I know Detroit as well as anyone as I'm a season ticket holder and have seen every play this year. I am also 6-0 on Lion games this year(several I posted here on Madjacks). I bet against the Lions as often as I do for them.

Trust me when I say the worst Detroit will do is win by 3. Buy one and take the cash, Detroit - 2 1/2

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
not so fast my friend

the ONLY two advantages i see for det are:
home field
revenge

however for chicago i see the following:
health (det is missing many players on off/def/and special teams)
the best unit on the field....defense (the bears dont (and wont) blitz much and wont need to vs det)

bears have their own motivation...to finally win on the road and take control of the division

you compare common oppts and give the adv to the lions???
i compare the game they played vs each other and give the adv to the bears(38-6)!

however garcia only played in the clowns game so in comparing the clowns game vs the lions and the bears they both played the clowns similarily (expect that the bears gave up 2 plays in the last 3 mins that accounted for 14 points)....those two plays motivated the bears defense to buckle down

low scoring game again....but the bears win....16-10

pug

Forum Member
Jun 11, 2004
Jaco, Costa Rica
Good luck on the Bears you will need it.....

Trust me when I say I know Detroit.....

The only significant injury to Detroit is Dre Bly. If you are looking at Fernando Bryant as a loss, think again, he was constantly burned when he was in there. Charles Rogers is no loss when the Williams brothers are both playing as Detroit uses few 3 receiver sets. Roy is expected back this week. Cody filled in adequately for Shawn Rogers last week after he was injured. The loss of Bly will not be enough to win the game for the Bears. If you know anything about NFL you know that teams in the same division rarely sweep each other if they are close in talent, which they are. You don't think Detroit will be motivated after the but whipping they got in the last game? Are you crazy? If you watched the last game you would know that nearly the entire loss was the fault of Harrington who is now on the bench. Why are you saying the Bears defense is much better? Did you watch the but kicking the Lions D gave to Cleveland last week when the D only gave up 3? How about when they gave up 3 to Green Bay at home? You thing the Bears offense is better than theirs? You better think again. i don't care if you bet against me but my record speaks for itself.

puckfan

Forum Member
Jan 23, 2001
Nepean, ON, Canada
great discussion!

I'm in a bind here - in my pool its detroit -3.5 which side do I take?? I agree a lot with pug's analysis - I know the Bears are a solid team but a lot of NFL is cycles - revenge, home field etc and with Garcia I like the Lions to pull it out .. but both teams play so closely - I guess I just pick the Lions - as I think they win and just HOPE they can cover 3.5 :scared

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

moe777

Forum Member
Oct 8, 2003
east coast
gluck with your play..im on the bears big here,the bears are always motivated,lovie is great at this..i put this play in early this week and now i like it even better b/c dre bly is out.this guy is underrated ,i think hes a top 3 corner in the league,you being a lions fan ,i think you would agree,this will be a big factor .the bears need all the help they can get on off,and they just got it.gl anyhow...i see a 14 -13,21-20 either way last sec fg game.

Dice34

Off parole
Forum Member
Dec 18, 2004
D.O.C.
I think you're crazy if you think the Lions will run away with this game. Wouldn't surprise me if the Bears came away with the victory. Lions O line is weak and the Bears D line can put pressure on a QB without blitzing, so how will they get burned? Garcia is not all-world by any stretch of the imagination and he will be forced into some critical mistakes. The Bears are fast on D and will only be faster on turf. Detroit will not have a 100 yd back and its very likely that Thomas Jones will get his 100.

Bears will win the Battle up front and hold on D but mixed with their O, this game is a FG either way.....Are you 100% sure Roy Williams is back? You make it sound like the Bears are weak in the secondary....they are one of the deepest teams in the league at cornerback and safety. The only concern for the Bears is 2nd year man Nathan Vasher gets caught out of position or makes the wrong read sometimes. Charles Tillman will shut down whoever the Lions throw at him.

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
fernando bryant-gone
dre bly-gone
roy williams-gone
charles rogers-gone

eddie drummond and shawn rodgers-are next

that leaves you with you're 3rd and 4th wr's and db's starting (maybe 3rd and 5th wr's if drummond is out).

if rogers doesnt play that middle of the d-line is wide open for t jones to run all day.

moneyline the bears

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

GuRu

Forum Member
Sep 22, 2005
The first one was a laugher, as will be this one. Word around Bear camp is they are still extremely upset about getting screwed out the Win at Ford Field last year on a bad "no touchdown" call late in the game. Some Bears players have been quoted as saying they wont allow themselves to be put in a position where the refs can screw them again.

The Bears O-line has been opening holes the size of a mack truck, wityhout Dre Bly the Lions definitely dont have anyone to match-up with Mushin. Not to mention Garcia is in his 2nd start with this squad and not even 100%

snoopol

Forum Member
Sep 8, 2004
Atlantic City, NJ
I agree with gjn, although I'm from Detroit just like you pug. Let's just don't too excited about beating weak Cleveland. Jones is gonna run all over the Lions. Bears killed the Lions in first game and Orton has made some progress since then. Chicago Defense is second in the league and that's what always keep them in the game. Besides it might be a crucial game for that division.
And you have to remember that Garcia hasn't played for 8 weeks and he's not 100% yet. He looked pretty good against Browns but the Bears are gonna test him. Besides Lions running game doesn't exist.

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
btw----love chirs berman the fking clown

"all jeff garcia does is WIN games, mort...."
then they show the graphic that he's 39-43 as a starter

what a crock of shit

39-44 coming up

Fairy Dust

Forum Member
Oct 11, 2005
Garcia will be out as soon as Urlacher hits him once. I love the bears here, and can't wait to see Garcia scramble once.

There is a bounty on Garcia's head that reads "Dead man walking"

GO BEARS

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
and there it is.....garcia was trying to dance around and throw one all game long....and he did at the best time

winner